Search Home : Society : Issues : Environment : Organizations
- ACRE - The Alliance for Culture and Renewable Environment: Provides environmental news, links and active campaigns.
- African American Environmentalist Association: Dedicated to providing energy and environmental information and educating the African American community.
- All Species Project: Promotes conscientious art, thought, and action toward building thriving neighborhoods and communities in harmony with nature.
- Alliance for America: Coalition of grassroot groups concerned with protecting the environment, but believing that human needs come first.
- Ausable Institute of Environmental Studies: Promotes Christian environmental stewardship through academic and community programs, retreats and conferences.
- Australian Conservation Foundation: ACF is an Australian non-profit organization dedicated to the environment. Site has a wide range of topics, including genetic engineering, air pollution, and the WTO. Campaign on Australia World Heritage issues.
- BEE Japan: The BEE (Bicycle for Everyone's Earth) Team promotes environmental awareness while bicycling the length of Japan.
- Baku Ceyhan Campaign: Working to raise public awareness of the social problems, human rights abuses and environmental damage that will be caused by the Baku-Tbilisi-Ceyhan oil pipeline, which is planned to run through Azerbaijan, Georgia and Turkey. In particular, the campaign argues that public money should not be used to subsidise social and environmental problems in the interests of the private sector.
- BlackRhinoceros: Searchable, annotated directory (updated daily) of over 600 sites on environmental issues. Six categories: biodiversity and animal rights/threatened species; conservation; energy; environmental justice; habitat; pollution.
- Blue Pac: A political action committee that contributes to Congressional candidates who support legislative efforts to protect and enhance our nation's water resouces and oceans.
- Both ENDS: Supports the work of environmental organisations, primarily in the so-called South (developing countries) and the Central and Eastern European (CEE) countries.
- Canada - Sierra Legal Defence Club: Protects the environment by upholding and enforcing the law. Provides free legal advice and free legal representation.
- Center for Whole Communities: The Center operates The Refuge For Land And People, a unique leadership forum where citizens and activists from around the country come together to find solutions to the most pressing and difficult conservation issues our nation faces today.
- Center for the Study of the Environment: Private not-for-profit organization, providing information, identification, analysis and optimal solutions to environmental problems. Science based projects are conducted on global, regional and local scales.
- Centre for Science and Environment (CSE): International consortium dedicated to "promoting democracy and sustainability." Headquartered in New Delhi. Campaign topics include biodiversity, climate change, air pollution, water pollution, forest management, rainwater harvesting, and "people and wildlife".
- Centre for Social and Economic Research on the Global Environment: Part of the University of East Anglia in the UK, this site provides information on their research and publications.
- Checkmate - Winning Strategies for Environmental Peace: Exists to promote ecological balance and nonviolence toward animals -- human and non-human -- through research, humor, and thought-provoking, iconoclastic publications. The comic book, Ignoring Binky, The Life and Times of Victor Evertor, is published by Checkmate Press.
- Citizens for a Sound Economy Foundation - Environment Issues: Supports a free-market approach to environmental protection. Provides articles and publications.
- Clean water - Australia and Brazil: Cleanwater is a website aimed to increase environmental awareness, provide information to community on how they can prevent pollution at their local waterways and to help people to get involved in ecosystems restoration projects.
- Committed to Green Foundation: Promotes environmental education and recreation through sustainable sport and recreation.
- Committee For A Constructive Tomorrow (CFACT): CFACT strongly believes consumer and environmental problems can be best met and overcome through the ingenuity of science, the power of the free-enterprise system, and the traditional Western values of progress, freedom, and wise stewardship.
- CommunityTrees: Non-profit, public/private partnership dedicated to encouraging green space development in cities and towns. Site includes links, tree-planting instructions, and ideas for getting involved.
- Conservancy of the Phoenix, Inc.: Work to protect the environment for those that cannot speak for themselves, the wildlife inhabitants.
- Department of the Planet Earth: Concerned about the rapid decline of global environment, global pollution of ecosystems, health injuries from toxins, and lifestyles and economies that challenge Earth's future. Organized in 1991 by citizens from the United States and Canada.
- Differentdawn.com: Provides information to learn more about environmental conservation, endangered species, plants, people and pets.
- ECO (Environmental Community Organization): A community and environmental network creating solutions to protect and improve health, welfare, safety and the environment.
- ECO: Earth Communications Office: ECO is a non-profit organization whose goal is to use the power of communications to help improve the global environment. Provides program information.
- Earth Action: Features a global action alert network to mobilize people simultaneously around the planet to speak out for a better world.
- Earth Action Network: Online environmental and human rights letter-writing community. Promote the activity of down loading, signing and sending action letters to the people who have the power to change the situation.
- Earth Day Network: Coordinating worldwide events for Earth Day 2000 and beyond. Provides calendar, environmental tips, clean energy campaign, organizing materials, activist network, eco-store, Grist Magazine and other resources.
- Earth Force: International education program that involves young people in hands-on river education, conservation, and restoration projects. Award-winning program Global Rivers Environmental Education Network (GREEN).
- Earth Protector: Proponent of activism and legal action in support of environmental, energy and wildlife concerns. Listings of future and current activities.
- Earth Summit Info: Covers a wide range of sustainable development, biodiversity and World/Earth Summit issues.
- EarthCorps.org: USA organization offering volunteer programs of environmental restoration. Provides information on history, programs and how to support.
- EarthRights International: Linking human rights and environmental protection. ERI works to document and eliminate human and environmental abuses by building the capacity of indigenous peoples in South East Asia.
- Earthday Resources for Living Green: Works to infuse the spirit and actions of Earth Day into everyday lives by providing tools for sustainable living. Provides publications, resources and campaign information.
- Earths People: A MSN chat community site that is dedicated to the environment. Members reside in countries all over the world who are actively working in promoting environmental awareness and responsibility.
- Earthwatch Institute: Promotes the sustainable conservation of our natural resources and cultural heritage by creating partnerships among scientists, the general public, educators, and businesses.
- EcoFlight: EcoFlight provides aircraft for environmental advocacy and creates innovative educational programs designed to increase environmental awareness around the country for teachers and students alike.
- EcoFuture: Dedicated to sustainability and the ecological future of our planet. A wealth of environmental information.
- Ecobeetle: The latest eco-news, eco-gear, top eco-tours and artists.
- Ecobridge: An organization dedicated to expanding public awareness of threats to the environment.
- Ecoterra International: Global society for ecology and sound economy. Work as a development and humanitarian agency, and committed to work for our common future on earth. Official documents and text.
- Eden Foundation: Working for the preservation of biodiversity, against monoculture agriculture, and for better ways for humans to live in harmony with their environment.
- Educational Communications: A non-profit organization dedicated to improving the quality of life on this planet. Provides contact address and newsletter subscription information.
- Environment Probe: Canadian public interest organization that promotes property rights and market mechanisms to protect the environment. On line publications on property rights, fisheries, forestry, water and wastewater.
- Environment and Conservation Organisations (ECO): Network organisation of environment and conservation organisations of New Zealand. Information about ECO and its member groups as well as news of the environment in Aotearoa New Zealand.
- Environmental Defense Fund WorldWide: The EDF find the ways that work by creating economically viable solutions. Issues include: climate change, human health, biodiversity and oceans.
- Environmental Frontlines: Independent non-profit offering excerpts from their book, The Environmental Guidebook. Monitors the activities of organizations and other entities actively engaged in environmental issues.
- Environmental Investigation Agency: An independent, international campaigning organization committed to investigating and exposing environmental crime.
- Environmental Resources Trust, Inc.: Consult with commercial, industrial, and institutional consumers to help them understand the benefits and costs of meeting the electric power needs with "green" power (EcoPower). ERT also focuses on the development of markets for water-use rights (EcoLands) and greenhouse gas emission allowances (EcoAir).
- Euronatura: Centre for Environmental Law and Sustainable Development: Portugal based research and policy NGO with programs on climate change, international waters, trade and the environment. English and Portuguese.
- Forest Guardians Environmental Activism: Fighting to protect and restore forests, rivers, wildlife, grasslands and wilderness of the Southwest.
- Georgia Strait Alliance: Protect and restore the marine environment of Georgia Strait, B.C., Canada. On line newsletter, resources on many environmental issues including a green boating guide.
- Global Action Plan: An independent charity committed to engaging people in practical solutions to environmental and social problems.
- Global Communications for Conservation Inc.: Nonprofit organization created to support and initiate conservation and environmental education programs throughout the world, while increasing public awareness of the need for a worldwide ethic of respect for all life.
- Global Response - Environmental Action and Education Network: Action-oriented project to involve youth and adults in communicating about environmental issues. Organizes international letter campaigns to prevent environmental destruction, with corresponding resources for teachers.
- Global Stewards: Provide resources, tips and articles for sustainable living and many environmental topics. Links on activism, petitions and campaigns.
- Green Seal: An independent, non-profit organization that strives to achieve a healthier and cleaner environment by identifying and promoting products and services that cause less toxic pollution and waste, conserve resources and habitats, and minimize global warming and ozone depletion.
- GreenNet: An umbrella site for over 200 green, peace, human rights and development groups.
- GreenSun.org: Provides information on solar energy, saving energy, saving forests and helping people world-wide.
- Greenoutlook: Volunteer organisation dedicated to advancement of biospheric health by protecting greenspace and planting of trees. Provides information and how to help.
- IcebergAhead.org: Nonprofit corporation focusing on both social and environmental issues facing the USA and the world. Ideas for solutions to environmental and social issues.
- Idealist: Directory of nonprofit and volunteering resources on the Web, with information provided by 16,000 organizations in 130 countries. An online library of Resources for Nonprofit Managers, with information about computing and the Internet, fund raising and volunteering, accounting and management, legal issues and nonprofit support organizations.
- International Coastal Cleanup: A global volunteer program that sponsors annual clearing of trash from coastlines, rivers, and lakes.
- International Tree Foundation: International tree planting, tree preservation and tree education. Award and grant maker and school `resource` provider.
- International Wildlife Coalition: A wildlife protection `group` working to end animal cruelty, protect the environment, and save wildlife, including whales, marine mammals, elephants, kangaroos, koalas, swift foxes and penguins.
- Kadre ng Kalikasan Foundation: Youth oriented non-profit environmental organization that focuses on the preservation of the environment in Zambales Province, Philippines
- Kids Ecology Corps: KEC aims to inspire young people to make environmental action part of their everyday life and generate a critical mass of people to create environmental harmony throughout the world.
- Land Stewardship Project: A private, nonprofit organization to foster an ethic of stewardship for farmland, to promote sustainable agriculture and to develop sustainable communities. Provides current project news, program descriptions and online resources.
- Leadership for Environment and Development (LEAD International): Established in 1991 by the Rockefeller Foundation. Aims to educate selected future leaders whose actions will influence the decisions made about environment and development issues in most parts of the world.
- League of the NewJust: Progressive-left `group` concerned with environmental abuses, the anti-democratic practices of large corporations, and other issues which adversely affect Mother Gaia.
- Lovearth Network: Provide information on environmental and humanitarian concerns. Links to Eco Humane Political web sites.
- MedRegio Forum: Center of Euro-Mediterranean Regions for interregional cooperation for the environment and sustainable development. Integrated management of wetlands. Regional policies, environment, sustainable development, spatial planning, emerging technologies.
- National Environmental Trust: Educate about the problems facing the environment. Promote working to solve these problems.
- Natural Resources Defense Council: Non profit that uses law, science, and the support of its 500,000+ members to protect the planet's wildlife and wild places and to ensure a safe, healthy environment for all living things. Provides information on many environmental issues.
- Ocean Advocacy: Provides mailing list, bulletin board, actions alerts, and news segments regarding the environment. Focused on preserving the oceans from pollution.
- Organization for Maintaining Natural Interest: OMNI focuses on empowering the youth to promote the conservation of nature. Provides information on projects.
- Pennsylvania Environmental Network: Provides information and resources on everything from land fills, incinerators, nuclear dumps and sludge spreading on farmlands to logging and mining or development battles.
- People and the Planet: A global site on the issues of population, poverty, health and the environment, sponsored by IPPF,IUCN,UNFPA and WWF and published by the London-based Planet 21 charity.
- Philippe Cousteau Foundation: Foundation in memory of Philippe Cousteau, founded by Jacques Cousteau's grandchildren to educate people about the world's environment and oceans and to create an environmentally sustainable future.
- Planet First 2000: An environmental awareness and action site with information on easy ways people may actively participate in their own unique way to protect and enhance their environment.
- Port of Entry: Portal to environmental business opportunities and information exchange in the Americas. Main focus is the Latin American environmental sector. Site in English and Spanish.
- Pró-Cerrado Foundation: Environmental program which provides training and education to at risk youth in Brazil. Projects include preservation of the central savanna grasslands and environmental education.
- Public Employees for Environmental Responsibility: Protects employees who protect the environment. It provides a valuable service to government employees and contractors charged with safeguarding the nation's natural resources. Rather than work on environmental issues from the outside, PEER works with and on behalf of employees to effect fundamental change in the way their `resource` agencies conduct the public's business.
- Rainforest Foundation US: To preserve rainforests and the indigenous people who live in them. Provides donation information, events listing, and information on internship programs.
- Reef management international helps conservation of coral reefs: Reef Management International has developed an electronic computerized system which monitors and protects coral reefs against damages caused by the effects of blast fishing.
- Renewable Energy Action Project: A national grassroots coalition of environmentalists, private foundations, government agencies and renewable energy advocates.
- Restore the Earth: Project to lobby the United Nations to declare this century as the century of restoring the earth. Offers historical overview of the organizations activities and provides details of people and organizations who have endorsed the proposal.
- River Watch Network: Harnesses the power of people and communities to monitor, restore, and protect the world's rivers. Involvements include transboundary rivers such as the Rio Grande and the Danube.
- Rural Friendship: A pro-nature and pro-poor global nonprofit that works toward equitable access to resources to live a poverty free fulfilled life.
- Save.HappyTrees.Org: Donation link list of organizations and agencies for nature and preservation of the environment.
- Society Promoting Environmental Conservation: SPEC operates an Environmental Resource Center in B.C., Canada. On line resources on various campaigns for better air, water, and land.
- T Buck Suzuki Environmental Foundation: Dedicated to raising environmental awareness around issues related to salmon farming, fish habitat management, alternative energy sources, sewage treatment and sustainable forestry practices.
- Television Trust for the Environment: Works to get environmental issues aired on television. Produces and circulates material for broadcast television and other audio-visual resources.
- The Bellona Web: Science-based environmental organization set up to combat problems of environmental degradation, pollution-induced dangers to human health, and the ecological impacts of economic development strategies. Bellona aims to present feasible solutions with the least impact on human activity. Regularly updated news. Topics include nuclear weapons and climate change. [English, Norsk and Russian.]
- The Circle of Life Foundation: Founded by Julia Butterfly Hill to inspire people to live in a way that honors the diversity and interdependence of all life. Includes a calendar of events, forum, and how to get involved.
- The Earth Charter: A global campaign involving individuals and organizations from around the world working together to draft a statement of ethical principles similar to the UN Declaration on Human Rights that will guide the conduct of people and nations towards each other and the Earth.
- The Environment Foundation: Work in partnership with others to protect and improve the environment and help society understand one of the most critical challenges it faces in the 21st century.
- The Fred Heutte Center: Located in Norfolk, Virginia, members work to enrich the community by sharing his ideals of urban beautification through horticultural education.
- The Green Community - An online community for people who care about the world they live in.: A self-sustaining society that seeks to educate and inspire the public on environmental issues.
- The Interfaith Coalition for the Environment: An organization whose purpose is to inform and inspire and inform environmental communities about their common interest in protecting and healing the earth.
- The International Center: Non-profit organization in Washington which aims to promote good governance and development through direct contacts with all levels of governments, institutions, and individuals. Provides information on programs and projects including reforestation.
- The Midwest Center for Environmental Science and Public Policy: Works to improve and protect the environment and human health in the Great Lakes region and throughout the Midwest.
- The Mountain Institute: Advancing Mountain Cultures and preserving mountain environments. Working in the Appalachian, Andean and Asian Mountains.
- The ReSource Institute for Low Entropy Systems: Independent, nonprofit organization working on public health and environmental issues in Spanish and English speaking countries. Support non-depleting, non-wasting, non-polluting methods and technologies for sustainable development.
- The Right-To-Know Network: Provides free access to numerous databases, text files, and conferences on the environment, housing, and sustainable development.
- The Spaceship Earth Foundation: Dedicated to our crewmembers of the Future - who will call this Spaceship Earth their home. Information on joining, descriptions of different programs, projects and objectives.
- The Wildness Within Us: Official web site of David R. Brower and his work for conservation, preservation and restoration. Features photographs, poetry, audio, video and environmental newswire.
- TiWalkMe: Planned public park projects where trees are planted each year to mark time over a millennia. Provides description, donation and contact information.
- Tuolumne County Alliance for Resources and Environment, Inc.: Involved in environmental issues related to the productivity and conservation of public and private lands in Tulare County, California.
- Twigma: Adopt a twig in support of the environment and people. A friendlier environment starts with a smile.
- Union of Concerned Scientists: The Union of Concerned Scientists works to ensure that all people have clean air and energy, as well as safe and sufficient food.
- Unions for Jobs And Environment: A partnership of various unions which offer a labor perspective on the Kyoto Protocol and climate policy with summaries of economic and job impact.
- United Earth Alliance: Non-profit organization concerned with environmental pollution, human rights, world hunger, and other issues.
- United Eco-action Fund: California nonprofit funding research, education, and land acquisition and supporting programs that benefit the quality of human life; promotes Al Gore's environmental ideas set out in "Earth in the Balance"
- Western Organization of Research Councils: A network of six state grassroots organizations working for change on the environment and family agriculture.
- White Violet Center for Eco-Justice: A non-profit organization which exists to foster a way of living that recognizes the interdependence of all creation.
- Wilderness Defense: USA organization campaigning to protect the natural environment and its accompanying geology, hydrology and biota.
- Wings of Change: Provides information on using the power and vision of flight as an aerial platform to give an overview of environmental problems and raise awareness of conservation problems locally and internationally.
This category in other languages: