Search Home : Society : Issues : Environment : Population
- AmeriStat: Instant summaries in graphics and text of the demographic characteristics of the U.S. population. From Population Reference Bureau, non-profit organization for objective research.
- Beyond Malthus: 16 Dimensions of the Population Problem: Description of book published by the WorldWatch Institute.
- Carrying Capacity Network: An activist network concerned with national revitalization, population stabilization, immigration reduction, sustainable economic activity, and `resource` conservation.
- Catholic Encyclopedia: Theories of Population: A Roman Catholic view of the theories of Malthus and others, written in 1910.
- Completing the Fertility Transition: Report of an expert meeting of the UN Population Division which warns of a serious reduction of the global population.
- Extreme Measures: The site requests feedback from ordinary people as well as experts in this area on a voluntary sterilization approach (research for a novel).
- International Population Stabilization and Reproductive Health Act (S. 1029): Congressional testimony by Sheldon Richman of the Cato Institute. Argues that there is no population problem.
- Journal of Population Research: Peer-reviewed international journal which publishes papers on population-related issues.
- Laissez-Faire in Population: The Least Bad Solution: Economist David Friedman argues that there is no justification in economic theory for the widely believed notion that the results of allowing parents freely to decide how many children they have must, in the long run, be catastrophic under any tolerable social institutions.
- National Audubon Society Population and Habitat Program: Supports voluntary family planning as a key element in conserving and restoring natural ecosystems.
- PopInfo.org: Discusses population issues, impacts and solutions.
- PopPlanet: Resource center on population and the environment, maintained by the National Council for Science and the Environment.
- Population Association of America: PAA is a non-profit, scientific, professional organization established to promote the improvement, advancement and progress of the human race through research of problems related to human population.
- Population Organizations: Finder's Guide: 1997 compilation -- this is a text list, not a list of links
- Population and Health InfoShare: A library of electronic documents created by partner organizations working in reproductive and child health, HIV/AIDS, and population.
- Population, Poverty and Environment: Four documents from a 1998 FAO workshop that addressed the questions of how to enhance the contribution of population programmes to poverty alleviation and the promotion of sustainable development.
- Probability Unknown: Promoting dialogue concerning population and its effects.
- The Population Council: Organization seeking to improve the wellbeing and reproductive health of current and future generations around the world, and to help achieve a humane, equitable and sustainable balance between people and resources.
- What is the population myth?: Anarchist point of view: The idea that population growth is the key cause of ecological problems is extremely commonplace. It is, however, a gross distortion of the truth. Capitalism is the main cause of both overpopulation and the ecological crisis.
- Youdraw: Aimed at doodlers worldwide, this offers a unique chance to contribute your portrait to a special exhibit that will show 6 billion drawings of the world's people together for the first time ever.