Search Home : Society : Issues : Family Planning
- AlexanderSanger.com: Biography, writings, and interests of Alexander C. Sanger. He is the grandson of Margaret Sanger, who founded the birth control movement, and is currently Chair of the International Planned Parenthood Council.
- Are There Unmet Family Planning Needs in Europe?: Study reported in Family Planning Perspectives.
- Contraception: Center for Reproductive Law and Policy issues information and position statements on access to contraception, including emergency forms, around the world.
- Contraceptive Failure and Unintended Pregnancy: Essay: Ambivalence toward pregnancy and ambivalence toward -- often downright dislike of -- birth control methods is probably a cause of "unintended" conception.
- Desire for Sons Drives Use of Prenatal Scans in China: New York Times article on the unintended consequences of China's one-child family planning policies. Access to this article requires free registration.
- Development Gateway: Population and Reproductive Health: A large collection of information and internet links about strategies, issues and programmes in reproductive health services and family planning, particularly in developing countries.
- Family Planning Law and China's Birth Control Situation: In an interview, State Family Planning Commission official explains the law and the population and family planning situation in the country.
- Family Planning Program Issues - Reproductive Health Outlook: Summary of the status of family planning worldwide and assessment of current needs.
- Family Planning Services in Adolescent Pregnancy Prevention: Surveys in Great Britain, the Netherlands, Sweden and the U.S. identify factors determining the success of family planning in preventing adolescent pregnancy. From Family Planning Perspectives.
- FamilyPLANet: Intended to raise public awareness. Explores several aspects of international family planning, the link between family planning and the environment, and maternal health and child health.
- Gente Joven: Mexican family planning `group` describes its programs, including efforts to implement replicable sexual health education strategies in Latin America and the Caribbean.
- Global Reproductive Health Forum: GRHF seeks to promote democratic discussions about reproductive health, rights, and gender on the net. (Languages: English, Espanol, Francais)
- Improving Contraceptive Choices and Services: Family Health International research, education and services in family planning, STDS/HIV and family health. Worldwide scope. Multiple languages available.
- In China's Countryside, 'It's a Boy!' Too Often: Washington Post article discusses the effects of China's one-child policies on sex-selective abortion, infanticide, and other practices that affect sex ratios.
- Kaiser Daily Health Reports: Reproductive Health: One of the Henry J. Kaiser Family Foundation Daily Health Reports. News on a variety of reproductive health issues and topics.
- Overpopulation and Birth Control: Articles by Freya Hastings.
- Preventing Teenage Pregnancy: Overview of U.S. programs and statistics.
- Priority Issue: Contraception: Center for Reproductive Law and Policy position statements and fact sheets about topics related to access to contraception in the U.S.
- Quinacrine Sterilization: Outlines concerns about the safety and possible carcinogenicity of quinacrine, use of which is being considered for use in sterilization programs in poor countries.
- Refusing to Participate In Health Care: A Continuing Debate: Analysis by the Alan Guttmacher Institute on the issue of whether individuals and institutions should be permitted to refuse to participate in reproductive and other health care services on the grounds of religious belief or moral objection.
- Reproductive Health Technologies Project: Reproductive freedom advocacy group, based in the U.S. News and information on emerging issues in contraception, including new contraceptive technologies.
- Research Library: Contraceptive Technologies: The Global Reproductive Health Forum at Harvard listing of articles and essays about issues related to contraception and contraceptive research.
- State Innovations in Family Planning Services Agency: Reproductive health non-governmental organization in the state of Uttar Pradesh, India. Information about programs to reduce fertility rate and improve maternal and child health, including personal counseling, contraceptive marketing, and work with personal birth attendants.
- The 'Illegitimacy Bonus' and State Efforts To Reduce Out-of-Wedlock Births--Patricia Donovan: Article from Family Planning Perspectives about the progress of U.S. efforts to reduce pregnancy among welfare recipients.
- The Edith Stein Foundation: Information supporting the hypothesis that the birth control pill and other forms of contraception are responsible for a wide range of medical and social problems affecting women.
- The Politics of Contraceptive Research: Essay critiquing the development of immuno-contraceptives, also known as anti-fertility "vaccines", which aim to turn the body's immune system against reproductive components.
- The Role of Contraception In Reducing Abortion: Review of statistics on the relationship of contraceptive use to abortion rates.
- Worldwide Contraceptive Use Rising: Discussion of UN data on current contraceptive practices and needs in 153 countries and areas. Overall contraceptive use increased substantially over the past decade in developing countries. [Requires free registration.]
This category in other languages: