Search Home : Society : Issues : Fraud : Investment
- Commodity Futures Trading Commission: CFTC website includes alerts, news, and public information.
- Federal Trade Commission: The FTC site includes news and alerts, consumer protection and anti-trust information.
- Foreign Exchange (Forex) and Commodities Frauds: How to avoid or report foreign exchange (forex), currency, and commodities fraud.
- How to Avoid Securities Fraud: An introduction to securities fraud, fraud on the Internet, Ponzi and pyramid schemes, penny stock fraud, and tips for prevention.
- Investor Recovery Center: How an investor who has a problem with a stock broker can file an NASD arbitration complaint to recover losses from stockbroker fraud, misrepresentations, bad advice, unsuitable investment, churning, unauthorized trades, and misconduct, with or without an attorney. By a securities lawyer formerly with the SEC.
- Investor Scam Centre: Learn about stock market fraud and current trading scams and access quotes, charts, current news, and market commentaries.
- NASD Regulation, Inc.: Rules of broker conduct. Information concerning complaints and arbitration of disputes.
- National Futures Association: Includes investor services, news and alerts, and dispute resolution procedures.
- North American Securities Administrators Association: The organization of 66 state, provincial, and territorial securities administrators in the 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, Canada, and Mexico. Includes links to state and provincial regulators, and information about individual brokers and investment advisors.
- North American Securities Administrators Association (NASAA): International organization consisting of state and provincial securities agencies in the United States, Canada, and Mexico. Includes directory of regulators with links.
- Reality at the SEC: An ex-SEC lawyer's views of what the Division of Enforcement of the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission does and does not do for investors.
- Securities Arbitration Center: Complete guide to securities arbitration in the US, for resolving securities fraud claims.
- SecuritiesSleuth: Articles about securities fraud, stock fraud, broker fraud, pump and dump, scams, class action litigation, arbitration, and e-mail touts.
- StockPatrol.com: Information and articles on stocks, investments and brokers to help investors spot stock fraud, schemes and scams, select a broker and protect their rights.
- The Diligizer Black List and Message Board: Due diligence messageboard, black list, list of court documents, and archives of high yield investment programs for investors worldwide.
- The Eagle's Nest: Blog with a spiritual focus on integrity, wisdom, fraud prevention and education that solicits fraud stories and discussion.
- The Securities Arbitration Commentator: Collects and publishes awards in securities arbitration cases. For a charge, will conduct database searches of past awards by arbitrator name, type of case, and other categories.
- The Typology of Financial Scandals: Financial scandals and scams throughout history classified according to their attributes and effects.
- Top Ten Dot Cons: Investments: From the FTC site listing the top ten internet scams, this page describes a fraud involving a day trading system.
- US Securities and Exchange Commission: The official federal agency website includes news, legal releases and reports, investor education material, and the EDGAR database of corporate disclosure reports.