Search Home : Society : Issues : Fraud
- A Bell Tolls: How to avoid pre-paid phone card scams. Learn the tricks, questions to ask, and what to do to avoid being the victim of a prepaid calling card scam.
- Am I A Fraud Victim?: Information provided by Trans Union to determine if you are a victim of credit fraud.
- American Alcohol Analyzers Fraud: Reports on a fraudulent "company" that sells coin operated breathalyzer vending machines.
- American Petroleum Promotions Fraud: Resources for independent sales representatives left out in the cold.
- Association of Certified Fraud Examiners: International 25,000-member professional organization dedicated to fighting fraud and white-collar crime.
- Avoid Becoming a Victim of Credit Card Fraud: Information for merchants who operate e-commerce sites on recognizing signs of fraud and what to do if you become a victim.
- BBB kNOw Fraud Video: Better Business Bureau's online video, narrated by Lou Gosset, Jr., shows examples of common telemarketing and mail frauds. Windows Media Player needed (free download available).
- Cagey Consumer: Provides information, news, alerts and resources to assist consumers in identifying scams and bad deals.
- Catch a Conman: Relates experience with a purported "healer" known as Rick Kendrick. Visitors encouraged to submit information about other known criminals/con artists.
- Counterfeiting: Article about the spread of counterfeit cash, and the art of J.S.G. Boggs.
- Fed Up With Bally Total Fitness Heath Clubs: Dissatisfied members share experiences with Bally Total Fitness. Post complaints, locate information about class action lawsuits. Forum for posting messages. (Contains some vulgar language)
- Financial Scandals: Guide and links to information on major financial scandals, bank frauds, money laundering, corruption, scams, and organized crime.
- Fraud-Aid - First aid for fraud victims: Free online fraud victim assistance and education.
- HNC Fraud Consulting: Company offering fraud management services.
- HealthCentral Internet Hoax Watch: News, commentary, and links on internet hoaxes. (Not just medical hoaxes.)
- Insurance Frauds Information: Information on how to avoid becoming a victim of insurance fraud provided by the New York State Insurance Department.
- Le Club Ponzi: Site mocks Le Club Prive, alleging it to be a fraudulent and illegal Ponzi club.
- Lies People Tell: Real lies from real lives.
- Life Advice: Being a Victim of Fraud: Information provided by Met Life on fraud, identity theft and insurance fraud.
- Literary Contest Cautions: Information on fraudulent writing contests with tips on how to check the legitimacy of a contest. Information about specific contests to avoid.
- Marlock's Fraudtech Institute of Cons, Frauds and Other Lies: Beating the con artists of our society at their own game isn't difficult once you know how the games are played. This public service site provides all who visit with the knowledge needed to survive in a world of deception.
- NetScams: Seeks to provide current information related to the internet with links to sites covering personal safety on the Internet, protecting children, computer security on the Internet, spam, privacy, virus protection, and a forum to share concerns and information.
- Professionals Against Confidence Crime: Site information provided by a network of law enforcement and business professionals involved in the investigation and prevention of frauds and confidence crimes. Free fraud prevention programs, articles and message forum available.
- Pyramid Scheme Alert: International organization to expose, study and prevent illegal pyramid schemes. Site includes news, alerts, resources, legal information and consumer information.
- Pyramid Scheme Scam Calculator: Tool that illustrates how pyramid schemes defraud participants.
- Quatloos: Seeks to educate about various types of scams and frauds, how these deals really work, and how to manage the risks.
- Russian Dating Agencies Black List: Describes the mail order bride scam industry with emphasis on Russia, Ukraine, Belarus and other countries of the former Soviet Union; anti-scam advice, list of fake agencies.
- Scam Alerts and Information: National Security Institute page with links to descriptions of various scams: investment, job, automotive, charity, work at home, and business.
- Scam Shield: Interactive community dedicated to fighting consumer fraud. Features 'report a scam' section, fraud resources and email alert service.
- Scams: Highlights of historical scams, frauds, bubbles, pyramids, cons and humbugs.
- Scams 101: Amusing site providing information on all types of scams.
- Scamwatch: Comprehensive site providing information on several types of scams, schemes and fraud. Site information is provided by various Australian consumer protection agencies but most of the information is universal.
- Seniors Beware--Don't Become a Victim of Fraud: The Ohio State University Extension provides information on how to identify a fraud.
- Taxpayers Against Fraud: Nonprofit organization dedicated to preventing fraud against the U.S. government.
- The Better Business Bureau Central Web Server for U.S. and Canada: Better Business Bureaus can alert you to complaints against companies in your area.
- WorldWideWhistleblowers: Speak out about unethical business practices, corruption, and vital social issues without reprisal. News, links, case studies, and updates.
This category in other languages: