Search Home : Society : Issues : Health : Alcohol
- AIM: Alcohol In Moderation is an organization that communicates a sensible drinking message. Information from scientific researchers, the beverage alcohol industry, and associations, on research, health issues and legislation.
- APOLNET - Alcohol Policy Network: Ontario Public Health Association site devoted exclusively to Canadian alcohol policy issues; designed to stimulate informed discussion about various aspects of alcohol policy.
- Alcohol Abuse Prevention: Some Serious Problems: Articles question the honesty and integrity of eight organizations in the field of preventing alcohol abuse. The author is David Hanson, Ph.D., a professor emeritus at State University of New York.
- Alcohol Billboards: Provides assistance for communities wanting to adopt ordinances prohibiting advertising alcohol products on billboards.
- Alcohol Epidemiology Program at the University of Minnesota: Research program to discover effective community and policy interventions to reduce alcohol-related social and health problems. Includes findings, and information about effective policies.
- Alcohol Stats: Created by Anheuser-Busch to highlight research and statistics regarding alcohol abuse, drunk driving, and responsible consumption.
- Alcohol and Your College Experience - Facts on Tap: A national alcohol prevention, intervention, and education program used by universities across the United States.
- Attitudes Toward Seeking Treatment Among Alcohol-using College Students.: Article originally published in the American Journal of Drug and Alcohol Abuse.
- Bottomless Pitchers: The flow of alcohol ads and cheap-drink specials aimed at college students may be one factor in high rates of binge drinking.
- CC Speaks: College campus alcohol issues speaker that carries a message about health and abuse.
- College Drinking: Changing the Culture: Resources for changing the college drinking culture. Includes research and approaches to prevention, with interactive tools for students and educators.
- FACE - Truth and Clarity on Alcohol: A national non-profit organization that supports sensible alcohol practices through the development of messages, strategies, and training.
- History of Alcohol Prohibition: Summary of policies in the United States from the colonial period through the repeal in 1933 of the Prohibition (21st) Amendment to the Constitution. Includes references.
- Intoxication: Its Benefits and Costs: Intoxication is rewarding for precisely the same reason it produces suffering - it diminishes the influence of remote stimuli.
- Michigan Interfaith Council on Alcohol Problems: To broaden the awareness of legislators, public officials, news media, and the general public to the danger of alcohol and drug problems. Secure the passage of legislation that brings responsible controls in the areas of alcohol and other drug misuse.
- Moderation Management: A recovery program and national support `group` network for people who have made the decision to reduce their drinking and make other lifestyle changes.
- R U Pissed?: Contains an online alcohol blood alcohol content calculator.
- Stop Fake ID: By exposing dangerous sites that claim to sell age cards to minors, this site helps to eliminate fake identification card suppliers.
- Texas Safety Network: Specific to Texas. Includes information about how online alcohol sales negatively affect dry counties, tax revenue, and underage consumers.
- The Century Council: The American distilling industry's organization fighting drunk driving and illegal underage drinking through alcohol education, law enforcement, legislation and retailer support.
- The Washington Regional Alcohol Program: Tackles underage drinking and drunk driving in greater Washington, DC., including providing sober rides.
- Training for Intervention Procedures (TIPS): Offers programs for training people to responsibly serve, sell and consume alcohol.
- UMHS DrinkWise: Program by University of Michigan Health System for people with mild to moderate alcohol problems.