Search Home : Society : Issues : Health : Food, Drink and Nutrition
- BBC: Farmed Salmon Contaminated - Aquaculture practice of concentrating feed from other ocean fish, provided to farmed salmon contain high levels of PCB's, according to research.
- Baby Milk Action: The World Health Organisation (WHO) estimates that 1.5 million infants die around the world every year because they are not breastfed. Site argues that companies such as Nestle are culpably responsible for this situation.
- Biodevastation2000: Non-profit movement that aims to stop all forms of genetic engineering on food and limit the power government has over the food economic system.
- Campaign for Real (Raw) Milk: Advocates the consumption of clean, unpasteurized, whole milk, and additive-free organic dairy products. Find out how to get raw milk and read articles on the health benefits of raw milk.
- Dr Weil: A guide to eating well for optimum health by Dr Andrew Weil.
- Fast Food for a Fast World: US fast food revenues exceed higher education, personal computers, and software. US spends more on fast food than any other entertainment activity combined. Article from Rolling Stone magazine.
- Food Irradiation: Issues and concerns regarding the practice of irradiating food to kill germs.
- Foundation for Food Irradiation Education: Organization that provides informative information and strives to improve communications about food irradiation to the public via the industry, media, and academia.
- HingePin: Brings together research from indexed journals in environmental medicine, clinical ecology, toxicology, molecular biology, and genetics to provide a new framework for understanding nourishment. Intended as a sourcebook as well as a teaching tool.
- Irradiation - How Safe Is Your Dinner?: Good Housekeeping article on the pros and cons of food irradiation, including recent FDA decisions and the debate over labeling for consumers.
- Ladies Home Journal on Nutrition: Features facts to help you eat healthy and control your food intake.
- Mayo Clinic: Food and Nutrition: The latest in nutrition research and comprehensive articles on eating well.
- Microwaved Food: The Dangers: Reviews evidence suggesting that microwaving food destroys nutrients and makes certain substances toxic, leading to adverse health effects.
- Organic Consumers Organization: For the labeling of genetically engineered, biotech, GMO, and Novel food. Also encourages organic food and pesticide reduction. Advocates concern about the dangers of food irradiation. A clearinghouse for activists.
- Parents Jury Rates Children's Foods: The Children's Food Awards spotlight the foods and drinks that The Parents Jury considers to be not only the healthiest for their children, but also the most unhealthy.
- Restaurant Inspections: Proposals for action to improve food safety in eating establishments in the United States. News, history and email contact.
- Social Issues Research Centre: Provides research and reporting on food, health, and other lifestyle matters, and campaigns against scares.
- Tartrazine: Foods in which it occurs and links to articles on health problems it causes.
- The BSE Inquiry: Report of the Public Inquiry to establish and review the history of BSE and new variant CJD in the United Kingdom, with submitted evidence.
- True Food Organization: Activist site sponsored by GreenPeace focusing on organic food. Includes extensive information and links.
- War on Fat: Information and articles about the war on fat.
- Weston A. Price Foundation: Information on the benefits of nutrient-dense foods and the foundation's agenda in the areas of education and research; articles on specific foods such as soy products.
- World Food Safety Organisation: Aims to provide food safety professionals with a neutral forum for the exchange of ideas and experience.