Search Home : Society : Issues : Health : Fraud
- AIDS Fraud Task Force: Advice and information on how to evaluate HIV products or treatments to prevent fraud.
- Abusive Care-Givers: Provides information about abuse by care-givers and contacts for help.
- Alternative Medicines Fraud: Information addressing alternative medicine therapies and cures regarding possible fraud.
- Arthritis Cures and Fraud: List of resources about fraud in drug advertising and information on how to address complains.
- Bally Total Fitness: Articles and discussion over the alleged abuses and scams of the Bally Total Fitness national gym chain.
- Bureau of Health Professions: Manages and provides access to the National Practitioner Data Bank, the Healthcare Integrity and Protection Data Bank, and the Federal Credentialing Program.
- Complains on Nursing Facilities: Information on nursing home complaint procedures.
- DietFraud.com: Exposes diet fraud, rip-offs and scams and allows consumers to file complaints and even join class action lawsuits against companies that market fraudulent products and devices.
- Federal Trade Commission: A list of online fact sheets on selected topics for which the Federal Trade Commission has had to address consumer complaints regarding fraud. Some are available in Spanish.
- File a Complaint: Better business bureau online accepts your complains and forwards them to the appropriate law enforcement authorities.
- Fraud and the Health Care System: The Clinton administration strikes back - an article about the anti-fraud imperative.
- Fraudulent Health Claims: Tips on spotting false claims, some medical problems that attract health fraud schemes, dietary supplement precautions, how to report a possible fraud.
- Fraudulent Health Claims: Online brochure that helps spotting false and unsubstantiated claims.
- Fraudulent and Unsubstantiated Claims: Article about FTC's cracking down on bogus health web sites.
- GAO.gov Health Care Fraud Report: Information-sharing proposals to improve enforcement efforts on health care fraud cases.
- Health Care Fraud Report: Features a broad range of health care fraud and abuse issues in the private insurance industry, managed care organizations, federal and state programs.
- Health Hippo: Fraud and Abuse: Policy and regulatory materials related to health care fraud and abuse.
- Health Watch UK: Information on how to spot fraudulent claims. Non-profit organization in the UK.
- HealthWatcher.net: Provides several recourses related to health fraud including books and articles.
- How to File Health Fraud: List of organizations that accept reports of health fraud cases.
- Internet Healthcare Coalition: Articles and Tips on how to avoid becoming a health fraud victim.
- Medline Plus: Focuses on health fraud resources and tips on where to report fraud cases. Partially in Spanish.
- Morgan Enterprises: Offers services for detecting pharmacy fraud, insurance fraud, and non-compliance.
- National Health Care Anti-Fraud Association: Issue-based organization for the detection, investigation, and prosecution of health care fraud.
- New Jersey AIDS Health Fraud Task Force: Identifies the promotion of an AIDS related health product, treatment or service that is known to be false, unproven, or potentially harmful.
- Protecting Yourself Against Health Fraud: An index of selected information gathered from various government agencies that addresses health fraud - includes the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and Federal Trade Commission (FTC).
- Recognizing Fraud in Health Care: List of resources and links related to various kinds of health care fraud.
- Spine Society Issues Health Fraud Alert: The North American Spine Society has issued a special alert to all of its members regarding a cracking down on health fraud.
- Switching Prescriptions: Provides advice about patients' rights related to doctors and health plans who engage in switching patient prescriptions to cut costs or earn rebates.
- U.S. Food and Drug Administration: Includes information on how to protect yourself from dangerous and fraudulent online practices involving the sale of FDA-regulated products.