Search Home : Society : Issues : Health : Water Treatment : Fluoridation
- Fluoridation: Time For A Second Look?, May 10, 2001: Environmental Research Foundation - Rachel's Weekly
- The Debate Over Food Biotechnology: Edward Groth III, Ph.D.,Senior Scientist, Consumers Union of United States, Inc., reports how fluoridation proponents went wrong in their efforts to encourage Americans to drink fluoridated water.
- "Fluoride, Gingivitis & Oral Cancer": Article with links to references
- "Impurifying our precious bodily fluids": Article in Reason Magazine - December 5, 2001
- A crack appears in the fluoride front: A high-profile Canadian fluoride advocate slams fluoridation.
- Adverse Health and Behavior from Silicoflourides Used to Fluoridate Public Water Supplies: A public service website addressing a major health issue by a Dartmouth university professor.
- America - Overdosed on Fluoride: Information on fluoride as a hazardous waste product of the fertilizer industry with current news and links.
- Artificial Fluoridation Litigation: Highlights in North American Litigation during the twentieth century on artificial fluoridation of public water supplies.
- Australian Fluoridation News: Bi-monthly water fluoridation news from Australia. Includes translation into several languages
- Benefits and Risks of Water Fluoridation by Ontario, Canada, Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care: Review of fluoride research commissioned by Health Canada and the Health Ministry of Ontario.
- Bottled Water Fluoride Content: Fluoride content of bottled mineral waters from all over the world
- Canadian Dietary Fluoride Supplement Protocol for the New Millennium: Euan Swan, B.Sc., DDS, DDPH Canadian Dental Association recommends no routine fluoride supplementation until permanent teeth erupt.
- Case Study For The 4th Year Course in Ecosystem Health: From the faculty of medicine and dentistry, University of Western Ontario. Information on fluoride sources, fluorosis and its health implications.
- Chemical properties of water fluoridation chemicals.: IMC sells hydrofluosilicic acid to fluoridating communities.
- Citizens for Safe Drinking Water - Utah: Organzed to repel or stop fluoridation in Utah.
- Current Fluoridation News: Constantly updated fluoridation information from the media and other sources.
- Dare To Think: Article by Darlene Sherrell asserting that the American Dental Association has colluded with industry to cover up the toxic properties of fluoride.
- Dr. Judd's affidavit against water fluoridation in Wisconsin: Selling books and videos, also.
- Engineering & Administrative Recommendations for Water Fluoridation: Government instructions for proper handling and treatment of fluoridation chemicals and equipment and training guidelines for fluoridation personnel.
- Environmental Fluoride - National Research Council of Canada: A comprehensive 1977 Canadian Government report about the effects on the environment based on listed scientific studies.
- Examining the Water Fluoridation Sales Pitch: Quoted material taken from the Institute of Medicine's On-Line Dietary Reference Intakes for Calcium, Phosphorus, Magnesium, Vitamin D, and Fluoride (1999).
- Fluoridation: Monthly articles concerning the emerging science and current information about fluoridation. Includes links and discussion boards.
- Fluoridation Facts: Facts on fluoridation from the California Dental Association.
- Fluoridation chemicals contain highest levels of Arsenic: Discussion of the contribution of fluoride to arsenic levels in drinking water, from the Konformist.
- Fluoridation of Public Water Systems: Valid Exercise of State Police Power or Constitutional Violation?: Article by Douglas A. Balog, in Pace Environmental Law Review, Summer 1997.
- Fluoridation of Water: An online report on the highly polarizing issue and questions about health risks versus benefits, continuing since 1945.
- Fluoridation of Water in the West Midlands to Reduce Tooth Decay: Describes the impact of fluoridation in the West Midlands in the UK on promoting better dental health.
- Fluoridation: A Triumph of Science Over Propaganda: Report from American Council on Science and Health (ACSH), a public health watchdog group.
- Fluoridation: Errors and Omissions in Experimental Trials: Chapters 19, 20 and 21 of a book by Philip R.N. Sutton explaining how early fluoridation experiments and trials were mathematically flawed.
- Fluoride - Journal of the International Society for Fluoride Research: Examines the biological and other effects of fluoride on animal, plant, and human life. Site contains tables of contents from selected journal issues, and instructions to authors.
- Fluoride Action Network: An international coalition to end water fluoridation and alert people to fluoride's environmental and health risks.
- Fluoride Debate: A response to the American Dental Association's booklet, "Fluoridation Facts".
- Fluoride Free Water Ireland.: A citizens `group` campaigning for an end to water fluoridation in Ireland.
- Fluoride Issues: Information on the issues surrounding fluoridation.
- Fluoride News Tracker: Provides regularly updated news briefs from around the world regarding the use of fluoridation.
- Fluoride Supplements: Fluoride supplements are often prescribed in non-fluoridated areas. This article on a pediatrician's website says that's not such a good idea. Books for sale, newsletter, forums, links.
- Fluoride and the Phosphate connection: Article from Earth Island Institute Journal on fluoride and the environment.
- Fluoride in Bedfordshire, UK: Basic and in depth information with e-petition, poll, links to fluoride-free products and activism information.
- Fluoride in Foods: Find out how much fluoride is in the foods and beverages you eat and drink.
- Fluoride: A Bad Idea Whose Time Has Passed: An interview with Drs. Richard and Karilee Shames, authors of "Fluoride Power," on their concerns regarding fluoride's impact on health and the thyroid.
- Fluoride: Hidden Danger in Your Drinking Water and Toothpaste - Thyroid Disease: The High Cholesterol/Thyroid Connection, and How Undiagnosed Thyroid Disease May Be the Reason for Your High Cholesterol, from your About.com Guide
- Fluoride: Protected Pollutant or Panacea?: Are the claimed benefits of ingesting fluoride over-rated and the risks to our health and eco-system under-reported?
- Fluorides and Fluoridation Facts: From the American Dental Association. Answer frequently asked questions about community water fluoridation, based on a summary of relevant published articles.
- Fluorine, Fluorides and You: Pollution from fluorine compounds is a major environmental health problem.
- Freedom from Fluoride in Nalgonda, India: Petition, links and information about the tragedy afflicting this town because of natural fluoride in the water supply. They are asking for help.
- Gary Null's Introduction to Fluoridation: Fluoride and fluoridation facts by Gary Null, PhD.
- History of fluorine, fluoride and fluoridation: Includes patent information on fluoride containing products products.
- InsightMag.com - It's Something in the Water: Silicofluorides used to fluoridate drinking water is linked to antisocial behavior according to InsightMag.com
- Introduction to Fluoridation: Discusses the growing widespread concern over the fluoride issue. Neurotoxic effects of fluoride and the related halogen elements.
- Irish Dentists Opposing Fluoridation: A `group` of dentists calling for an end to water fluoridation in Ireland. Includes links to more information.
- Irish Medical Journal: Irish Medical Journal, September 2000 Vol. 93 Number 6. "Water Fluoridation : Pollutant or Panacea?" by dentist Don Mac Auley
- Is Fluoride Really As Safe As You Are Told? 2/9/02: Information by a doctor with links.
- Keepers of the Well: Questions to ask legislators and dentists about fluoridation.
- Krass India - Low Cost Defluoridation: Krishna Ram Ayurvigyan Shodh Sansthan, India (Krass India) is a non-profit organization dedicated to improving the quality of life, of people with various medical problems.
- Lancashire Campaign Against Water Fluoridation: UK organization fighting water fluoridation with action items, information and links.
- Massachusetts Coalition for Oral Health: The Massachusetts Coalition for Oral Health (MCOH) is an organization dedicated to improving the oral health of the residents of Massachusetts through the use of effective, community-based oral health education and preventive measures. MCOH seems to be organized to fluoridate Worcester, Massachusetts
- Merriam-Webster: "Fluoride Controversies": Compilation of websites that discuss the fluoridation controversy.
- Mountain View California Citizens for Safe Drinking Water: Working to stop the fluoridation of water. Resources and information. Links to many articles.
- National Academy Press - Health Effects of Ingested Fluoride: A 1993 study examining fluoride exposure and risk of bone fracture, effects on organs and reproduction, genotoxicity, carcinogenicity, metabolism, and related issues.
- New York State Coalition Opposed to Fluoridation: Fluoridation 101 teaches how fluoridation began and why it may be unnecessary today, with links and news releases.
- Preventive Dental Health Association: Educates about the dangers of fluoride and mercury, and provides healthful alternate solutions.
- Reader's Digest Magazine: "How Honest Are Dentists?" By William Ecenbarger Dentists push for fluoridation. Should they be trusted?
- Redding Citizens for Safe Drinking Water: Links to documentation and information on fluoride issues in general and some specific to Redding, California.
- Review of Fluoride: Benefits and Risks: Report of a 1991 U.S. Public Health Service evaluation of fluoride in the diet and in drinking water.
- Salon - Fear of Fluoride: Asserts that questions about the safety of the cavity-fighting chemical aren't just for right-wing conspiracists any more.
- Science and Ethics of Water Fluoridation: Article published in the Journal of the Canadian Dental Association questions the ethics and safety of water fluoridation.
- Sodium Hexafluorosilicate, "Review of Toxicological Literature,": Water fluoride chemicals were never safety tested. This document is nominating silcofluorides, used by over 90% of US fluoridating communities, for health and safety testing for the first time. Prepared for Scott Masten, Ph.D. National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences October 2001
- Stop Fluoridation USA: Links to many articles and documents about fluorides, fluoridation and symptoms of chronic fluoride poisoning. References are provided, with excerpts from the scientific literature showing escalating fluoride pollution and the adverse effects on human health and the environment.
- The Cost of Fluoridation: Article by George Glasser - "Increasing Alzheimer's and primary brain tumors: The price of fluoridation?"
- The Fluoride Stop: Information on fluoride, thyroid function and hypothyroidism. Links to recent news on fluoride.
- The National Pure Water Association (NPWA): Non profit company pledged to fight fluoridation of drinking water supplies. Information and resources on the evidence of harm from fluoridation.
- The New American - Fluoridation Revisited - Dr. Murray N. Rothbard: A December 14, 1992, article recently posted on the internet
- The Selling of Fluoridation in America: article by John R. Lee, M.D. "Americans' Health is Being Compromised for Industrial Profit"
- The Story of Water Fluoridation: Fluoride started out as an unwanted contaminant. Examines how it was made beneficial, from the U.S. National Institutes of Health.
- The science and practice of caries prevention: Research by J. Featherson published in the Journal of the American Dental Association, July 2000
- The symbiosis between the dental and industrial communities and their scientific journals: The connection between fluoride manufacturers and the dental community.
- Toxicological Profile - fluoride, hydrogen fluoride and fluorine, by U.S. Dept of Health and Human Services: Government report about toxicity of fluoride included that to certain subsets of the population, April 1993
- UK Fluoridation Debate: On November 24, 2003, the Water Fluoridation Task Force of Lancashire, England, met to hear pro and con presentations on water fluoridation. The tape of that meeting is available at this site.
- UNICEF -: An overview of fluoride in water.
- US Surgeon General's Oral Health Report: Surgeon General explains that tooth decay is still a major US problem in poor and minority populations and suggests ways to improve the situation.
- USA Today - Chapter 1: Worker risks weren't a priority: Article explains that airborne toxins, including fluoride, unknowingly, exposed workers to dangerous health effects while developing nuclear bombs for the US
- VOICE - The Fluoridation of Ireland: Group opposes water fluoridation
- Water Fluoridation - Second Look: Second Look, a national non-profit concerned with the science and politics of controversial public policy issues, focuses on fluoridation and the science of fluoride. Second Look takes an educational approach and is building an online reference library with links to all sides of the issue.
- Water Fluoridation - Therapy or Fallacy?: Article by Sheila L.M. Gibson arguing that water fluoridation causes a variety of health problems, with references.
- Water Fluoridation in Pennsylvania: Provides news, information and resources on opposition to fluoridation.
- Why We EPA Union Oppose Fluoridation: US Environmental Protection Agency Scientists and other professionals tell you why it opposes drinking water fluoridation.
- Your Child's Vulnerability to Environmental Toxicants: You and your children are exposed to more waterborne contaminants from bathing and showering than from drinking the water.
- eMedicine Online Text - Emergency Medicine: Fluoride toxicity symptoms and antidotes intended for professionals, but has value to patients as well.