Search Home : Society : Issues : Health
- American Association of Health Plans: Fact sheets and analyses on: managed care, prenatal care, children's health insurance, diabetes, and current immunization recommendations for children and adults.
- American Council on Science and Health: A consumer education consortium concerned with issues related to food, nutrition, chemicals, pharmaceuticals, lifestyle, the environment and health. ACSH is an independent, nonprofit, tax-exempt organization.
- Antibiotic resistance: From the Why Files.
- BBC News: Cold 'killing 50,000' each winter: Campaigners are calling for action to help prevent 50,000 deaths from cold in the UK each year.
- Case Western Reserve University - Program on Society and Health: Interdisciplinary `group` which studies the impact of biomedical technology, health policy, and demographic shifts on society. Mission statement, upcoming events, past events, future plans, and faculty listing.
- Cliff Steer : Heart Man: Free video by a heart transplant patient, aimed at Jr. High kids, about positive life styles, the non-use of drugs and alcohol, and organ donation.
- Death Is Inevitable: Examination of theoretical justifications for coercive public health policies.
- Doctors For Life: Non-profit making organisation which stands for the sanctity of life from conception till death and a basic Christian ethic.
- Ethical Issues in Terminal Health Care: Articles and essays on patients' rights, Ethics Committees, the Right-to-Die Debate, and Physician Assisted Suicide.
- Health Facts and Fears: A news site promoting sound science and combating the hype and junk science. The issues covered include food, nutrition, chemicals, pharmaceuticals, lifestyle, the environment and health.
- Health Issues Monthly: Health related issues including global warming, alternative healing, cancer related, food, and nutrition.
- HealthWatch UK: Promotes the assessment and testing of treatments, whether 'orthodox' or 'alternative'.
- Mainlining Danger: Hospital Patients Exposed to High Levels of Toxic Chemicals in Vinyl I.V. Bags: Greenpeace data shows that vinyl (PVC) medical devices contain high levels of toxic additives which can leach out through surrounding fluids, exposing hospital patients to a probable human carcinogen.
- Partners In Health: Research, advocacy and publications related to health, worldwide. Focus upon the poor. Partners with projects in Haiti, Peru, Mexico, United States, with a goal of neither development or charity, but "pragmatic solidarity".
- Pee Dee Healthy Start Inc South Carolina: A prevention program in response to high infant mortality rates, low birth weight babies, inadequate health care for women of child bearing age and their families in rural areas in SC.
- Questionable Doctors: Public citizen effort to collect and make public information about questionable doctors in the United States. Data is available online.
- Safety Links: Directory of links to information and articles on safety.
- The UK Partnership for Global Health: A forum for people concerned at the impact of globalisation on global health. Includes documents, briefings and news.
- Way2Hope: Advice, information, research and links about a variety of issues, including alcoholism, debt, drug addiction, marriage problems, sexual abuse and weight issues.
- What Doctors Don't Tell You: Monthly magazine informing patients of little-known side effects of drugs, and allegedly "proven" alternative remedies.
- What is Wrong With Our Health Care System?: A commentary on why the US health care system is the most expensive in the world but less effective than most people realize.
This category in other languages: