Search Home : Society : Issues : Housing
- Almanac of Policy Issues: Housing: News, background information, and links on U.S. housing issues, including public housing, Section 8 vouchers, and rent control.
- Australasian Housing Information Network: News, reports, conferences and employment opportunities from leading Australian housing policy and research centres.
- Australasian Housing Institute: Professional body for individual practitioners in the broad social housing sector in Australasia - linking social housing workers in Australia and New Zealand. Details of membership benefits, events and publications.
- Australian Housing and Urban Research Institute: AHURI is a consortium of research centres funded by Australian State and Commonwealth Governments, as well as by member universities. Site includes a significant body of housing research publications funded by AHURI.
- BUBL Link: Housing: Reviews of Internet resources related to social housing.
- Chartered Institute of Housing: The professional body for people working in housing in the UK. Promotes the provision and management of good quality, affordable housing.
- Community Corporation of Santa Monica: Largest provider of affordable housing in Santa Monica in the United States. Works with the City, State and other organizations to finance new construction and rehab of older buildings. Also manages and maintains buildings.
- Community Housing NSW: Resource for community housing providers and tenants in New South Wales.
- Community Training and Enabling: CTE grants support housing association residents in England to develop new training and community development projects. News, projects and how to apply for a grant.
- Council for Affordable and Rural Housing: A national advocacy and educational association for individuals and businesses involved in the financing, development and management of affordable rural housing.
- Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD): Oversees home ownership, low-income housing assistance, fair housing laws, homelessness, aid for distressed neighborhoods, and housing development programs in the United States. Site provides details of HUD offices and programs, as well as resources for citizens, communities, contractors, local agencies, and researchers.
- Department of the Environment and Local Government: Housing section of this Irish Government Department web site. Includes on-line leaflets on services of the Department.
- European Network for Housing Research: The Network is composed of researchers from a variety of social science disciplines dealing with housing and urban issues. Includes details of conferences, events and publications.
- Green Neighborhoods Initiative: Organisation that is pro-development, pro-environmental, and pro-livability. They promote "Transparent Neighbourhoods". Includes details of Emerald Awards for Neighborhood Planning and Building Excellence.
- Homeownership Alliance: Made up of groups and individuals interested in educating the public about issues related to housing and homeownership in the United States. Includes membership list and information, FAQ, press releases, and current projects.
- Housing Assistance Council: Helps local organizations in rural America build affordable homes. Includes information about loans, technical assistance, training, links, publications and relevant articles.
- Housing New Canadians Research Working Group: Research partnership focused on housing access and discrimination in the Toronto area. Research projects examine the housing search process used by immigrants and refugees, the quality and cost of the housing they obtain, the degree to which their housing needs are met, and the nature and extent of any housing-related discrimination.
- Housing Policy Debate: Quarterly journal from Fannie Mae Foundation provides insightful discussion and original research on a broad range of housing and community development issues.
- Housing Studies Association: United Kingdom forum for housing related research and debate. Details of conference and events as well as recent publications from HSA.
- Housing and Housing Policy: Information from the Office of the Deputy Prime Minister concerning Government policy on housing issues.
- Housing: A Basic Human Right: A presentation by Ken Kimmelman, Barbara Buehler Anthony Romeo, and Dale Laurin, arguing that Aesthetic Realism explains America's housing crisis, the cause, and the solution. Speakers, petition.
- Housingnet: UK housing information resource, containing a social housing database, information and topical debate. Also includes an online maintenance manual.
- Joint Center for Housing Studies: The Joint Center for Housing Studies of Harvard University analyzes the ways in which housing policy and practices are shaped by economic and demographic trends.
- Joseph Rowntree Foundation: Independent development and social research charity, supporting a wide programme of research and development projects in housing, social care and social policy.
- NPR: Housing First: In this yearlong special reporting project Housing First, NPR News explores the housing dilemmas of Americans with special needs -- and how lack of housing can stymy their efforts to join mainstream society.
- National Home of Your Own Alliance: Funded by the Administration on Developmental Disabilities to promote opportunities for people with disabilities to own and control their homes.
- Roof Magazine: Bimonthly magazine on housing in Britain published by the nonprofit Shelter. Includes subscription information, resources, past articles and a look at the current issue.
- Self-Help Enterprises: Providing technical services and support, helping families and communities compete for financial resources and empowering people to be leaders. Includes current programs, how to join, FAQ and related links.
- Squat!net: Information on all squatted buildings and areas around the world. An international forum on squatted houses, squatting and carsides.
- The Housing Corporation: The government agency who fund and regulate Registered Social Landlords (including housing associations) in England.
- The Quest Trust (UK): Shares information and ideas about economic and social regeneration, and resident-led estate based projects.
- UK Social Housing: Includes up to date national news on social housing issues. There are many useful links to related sites, and also a forum to publish your views.
- United Nations Centre for Human Settlements - Habitat (UNCHS): Analyses and studies human settlement patterns, and develops methods for controlled settlement with the preservation of the environment in mind.
This category in other languages: