Search Home : Society : Issues : Human Rights and Liberties : News and Media
- ACLU - News: Press releases about civil liberties and human rights issues from American Civil Liberties Union.
- Alan Pogue, Texas Center for Documentary Photography: A human rights and peace activist with a camera, Alan Pogue has been an "eye of the movement" from the Texas Farm Worker struggle to Iraq under sanctions.
- Campaigning for Fair Trials in the UK: Focuses on the plight of 13 detainees in Belmarsh prison, held without charge and without trial under anti-terrorism laws.
- Fortress Europe? - Circular Letter: FECL offers news, analyses and comments on European developments in the fields of liberties and human rights, public order and security, policing, justice, data protection, immigration and asylum.
- Fragile Freedoms: Christian Science Monitor 3-part special report on balancing security measures with protection of civil liberties.
- Green Valley Media: Non-profit film and video production and distribution company explain their goal of promoting awareness of social and human rights issues. Work of the group, and videos and presentations available.
- Guardian Special Report: Freedom of Information: Ongoing coverage of news and analysis about freedom of information acts in both the UK and the US, plus links to speeches, organizations, public polls, official government reports and legislation. UK.
- Human Rights News: Human Rights News From the Perspective of the International Green Charter Movement.
- Human Rights Quarterly: Articles concerning human rights around the world by authors from a variety of disciplines, as well as news about UN and human rights groups.
- Human Rights Watch: News, analysis and resources from human rights perspective. Updated daily.
- Just Response: Online activist journal providing current news headlines, opinion articles, and left-wing links. Also offers a series of interviews with Noam Chomsky and a list of quotations.
- OneWorld.net news: Daily human rights news service with background on all major global justice issues and links to NGO and campaign groups worldwide.
- Pray for Peace Notebook: The archive of PFPF News, a newspaper promoting human rights and a peaceful end to the drug war.
- Protest Net: Alternative news from around the world describing human rights injustices and campaigns to fight them.
- Reckonings: A Journal of Justice, Hope and History: Resources and reflections on issues of human and cultural change and development, human rights, and justice in its full range of dimension: individual, social, political, economic and environmental.
- Slate: Tortured Justice: Article from Slate discusses the ugly ways to extract information from suspects and the legal limits for such methods.
- ThoughtCrime: A newsletter offering commentary on the erosion of freedom.
- Underdrive Globalization News: Links to stories about human rights, freedom of speech, globalization and other issues.
- Urgent Alerts: Human Rights Internet regularly posts urgent alerts, actions, campaigns and news releases by human rights advocacy groups worldwide.
- Village Voice: The Attack on Civil Liberties: News articles, organized by date, involving national and international civil liberty issues. USA.
- Woman Vision - Social Change Through Media: Production and use of educational media to promote tolerance and equal treatment of all people. Diversity programs promoting understanding and diversity as values.
This category in other languages: