Search Home : Society : Issues : Immigration
- Campaign for Migrants' Human Rights: Information and documents on the campaign to ratify 1990 "International Convention on the Protection of Migrants' Human Rights".
- Central American Refugee Center CARECEN-N.Y.: Updates on human rights in Central America and immigration laws in the United States.
- Congressional Immigration Reform Caucus News: U.S. House `group` for immigration reform, chaired by Rep. Tom Tancredo (R-CO). Releases, immigration factsheets, event calendar and photographs, and links to other members provided.
- Daz & Jude's Immigration site: Resources for the K1 visa process in the United States. Includes hints, tips, links, and personal experiences
- Education & Computer Connection: This education site has a thematic, multi-cultural, interdisciplary unit for students on immigration.
- European Council on Refugees and Exiles (ECRE): An umbrella organisation of 60+ refugee-assisting agencies in Europe
- Federation for American Immigration Reform ( FAIR ): Working to help the American public convince Congress that United States immigration must be reduced. Information and links on a wide variety of immigration-related topics.
- Freevillage: Virtual community for refugees and refugee organizations, constructed by the European Network for the Integration of Refugees.
- Haitian-Advocacy: A Yahoo groups e-mail list serve targeting Haitian-American issues: immigration-self-governance.
- Illegal Alien Problem: Enforcing the Immigration Laws: Paper by George Weissinger, Ph.D., of New York Institute of Technology, supporting a theory that explains the illegal alien problem as part of the general environment in which it is found.
- Immigration Advocates: Categorized immigration links. Updated daily with latest immigration news and procedures (primarily U.S.).
- Immigration Issues from About.com: Links and information about immigration law, policy, social and ethical issues.
- Immigration Law from About.com: News, arguments, and reference material on immigration, including information for immigrants. Focus is primarily on the United States and other English-speaking countries.
- International Center for Migration, Ethnicity and Citizenship: Engages in scholarly research and public policy analysis bearing on international migration, refugees, and the incorporation of newcomers. Based at New York City's New School for Social Research.
- Jean-Robert Lafortune: Biographie of Haitian activist, instrumental in lobbying for passage of the Haitian Refugee Immigration Fairness Act (HRIFA).
- Migration Policy Group: European immigration issues and policy advocay group. Site gives overview of group's activities and publications.
- National Network for Immigration and Refugee Rights: Helps promote fairness and safe, healthy environments for immigrants, refugees, and their families by supporting education, research, advocacy and bridge-building among all of America's Communities.
- Reason's Immigration Page: Resources on the benefits of immigration from Reason magazine.
- SIREN: Services, Immigrant Rights, and Education Network: Services, Immigrant Rights, and Education Network (SIREN) exists to empower all immigrants and refugees in order to achieve full human rights. Since our founding, we have developed unique strategies that integrate direct services, community education, leadership development, and policy advocacy.
- Social Contract Press: A quarterly journal on public issues and policy in the interrelated fields of the environment, human population, international migration, language, and assimilation. Contains extensive searchable archives of essays and reviews.
- Stalker's guide to international migration: An interactive overview of the political, economic and social issues related to international migration - including maps, statistics and the latest news.
- The Face of Immigration in Tennessee: Examining the growth in the numbers of Latinos and Latinas who live and work in Tennessee for all or part of the year, and the experiences and needs of Latino immigrants.
- The Iranian Immigration: Anai Rhoads discusses immigration policy , and how religious and racial profiling have caused an uproar since 911.
- U.S. Commission on Immigration Reform: Bipartisan commission formed to review and evaluate the implementation and impact of U.S. immigration policy and to transmit to the Congress reports of its findings and recommendations. Dissolved on December 31, 1997.
- US State Department - Services - Consular Affairs: Information on all types of U.S. visas (travel, business, immigration, employment), travel abroad, consular posts and the monthly visa bulletin.
- VCT - American Patrol: Fighting for U.S. sovereignty by demanding removal of illegals and border security.
- Visa-Free International: Initiative for elimination of visa duties and restrictions. / Iniciato por elimino de vizaj devoj kaj restriktoj.
- sievx.com: Sinking of Indonesian refugee boat and the responsibility of the Australian government.
This category in other languages: