Search Home : Society : Issues : Peace : Peace Studies
- Albert Einstein Institution: Organization advancing the study and use of strategic nonviolent action in conflicts throughout the world. Features news, information on policy and outreach, contact details, publications and mission statement.
- Associated Mennonite Biblical Seminary Master of Arts in Peace Studies: Provides the environment for a deepening understanding of and commitment to the biblical vision of peace and justice and its embodiment in the world. The program prepares students for peace and justice ministries from congregational to worldwide levels. Curriculum and faculty information.
- Bibliography of Protests Against Gulf War 1 (1991): Studies on the protests that challenged the Gulf War of 1991. Topics include studies of participants, media-movement interactions, and public perceptions of Gulf War protesters.
- CONTACT - Conflict Transformation Across Cultures: Summer institute and graduate certificate for student and professional peacebuilders, leading to master's degree in conflict transformation. Features distance learning plus summer institute in Vermont.
- Canadian Institute for Conflict Resolution: Provides training in facilitation, mediation, and conflict resolution. Deals specifically with deep-rooted conflict experiences within communities in Canada and abroad. Course schedule, staff, FAQ, and registration form.
- Center for Monitoring the Impact of Peace (CMIP): Purpose is to encourage a climate of tolerance and mutual respect between peoples and nations, founded on the rejection of violence and the changing of negative stereotypes. Includes newsletters and reports.
- Center for Peacemaking and Conflict Studies at Fresno Pacific University: Offers education in conflict management and peacemaking leading to the MA degree or graduate certificate. Also offers intervention and consulting services. Purpose and mission, course schedules, syllabi, and events.
- Center for the Study of Mind and Human Interaction: An interdisciplinary center that practices "preventive medicine" in the widest sense, CSMHI studies large-group dynamics and issues such as ethnic tension, war, peace, and diplomacy. Recent and upcoming events, faculty, and history of group.
- Centre for Peace Studies, Faculty of Humanities, McMaster University: Offers a Combined Honours B.A. in Peace Studies as well as a minor in Peace Studies. Programs and courses, faculty, lectures, and events. Located in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada.
- Centre for the Resolution of Conflicts of Nyankunde-Bunia, Democratic Republic of Congo: Multi-faith non-governmental forum composed of peace committees in the DRC with a common spirit of sharing in peace and conflict resolution matters. History and vision, values, and strategies.
- Conflict Resolution Conferences Worldwide: Upcoming events in peace studies, conflict resolution, and related fields.
- Department of Peace Studies, University of Bradford: Largest university peace studies center in the world. Offers undergraduate, postgraduate, and doctoral degrees. Course details, department history, staff profiles, publications, newsletter, and online video lectures.
- Exploring the life and works of Mahatma Gandhi: Discovering the story of Mohandas Gandhi and learning from it, to help us navigate through our troubled times. A course at the University of North Carolina with materials and discussions.
- Global Facilitation Network for Security Sector Reform: Funded by the UK government's Global Conflict Prevention. Serves as a `resource` for the UK government as well as other global partners to provide research that facilitates policy development. Forum, publications, databases, and reading lists.
- Harry S. Truman Research Institute for the Advancement of Peace: Dedicated to fostering peace and advancing cooperation in the Middle East and among the peoples of the world through research, conferences, seminars, fellowships, and the maintenance of close relations with similar institutes abroad. Part of Hebrew University of Jerusalem. Research projects, events and publications, and library and documentation center.
- Henry Martyn Institute International Centre for Research, Interfaith Relations and Reconciliation: Ecumenical Christian organization dedicated to the objective study and teaching of Islam, the promotion of interfaith dialogue, and reconciliation. Academic programs, faculty, and application forms.
- Ideaswork: Committed to discovering, inventing, and promoting forms of governance that promote the well-being of poor people around the world. Resources, programs, news, and peace committees.
- Institute of Peace and Conflict Studies: New Delhi-based think tank aims to inform, analyze, and nurture debates on crucial strategic choices affecting South Asia. News, articles, site search, archives, and a debating page.
- International Center for Cooperation and Conflict Resolution: Based at Teachers College, Columbia University, offers courses and information about conflict resolution and mediation. Goal is to enhance individuals' interpersonal and problem-solving skills and develop reflective scholars/practitioners.
- International Conflict Resolution Program: Founded by Columbia University's School of International and Public Affairs to contribute to the resolution of international deadly conflicts through research, teaching, and fieldwork. Opportunities for student involvement, program information, library resources, and staff profiles.
- International Journal for Peace Studies: Dedicated to the research, discussion, dissemination, and practice of issues in peace studies. Mission statement, editorial board, list of past articles, submission information, and subscription contact.
- International Peace Operations Summer Institute: Graduate-level credit and certificate program in peacekeeping/peace operations designed to develop critical thinking and analysis and improve decision-making abilities. Held at Acadia University in Wolfville, Nova Scotia.
- International Peace Research Institute: Based in Oslo, Norway. Conducts research and education in Conditions of War and Peace; Foreign and Security Policies; Ethics, Norms and Identities; and Conflict Resolution and Peacebuilding. News, events, staff, and program information.
- International Training Programme for Conflict Management: Post-graduate program of the Scuola Superiore Sant' Anna in Pisa, Italy that enables its graduates to serve effectively in international field operations of conflict management. Also hosts training courses, seminars, and workshops.
- Karachi University International Relations Department: Oldest Department in the field of International Relations in Pakistan. Offers Honors, Master's, M.Phil, and Ph.D. programs, as well as a Program on Peace Studies and Conflict Resolution. Information on facilities, faculty, courses, projects, and publications.
- Leslie College Master of Education in Conflict Resolution and Peaceable Schools: Unique hands-on program at Cambridge, Massachusetts college prepares students to become classroom teachers, conflict resolution trainers, or administrators. Course list, faculty profiles, and admissions information.
- Matsunaga Institute for Peace: A department of the College of Social Sciences located on the University of Hawaii-Manoa campus in Honolulu. Designed to explore, develop and share knowledge of peace through teaching, research, publication, and public service. studies. Publications, activities, courses, and contact information.
- NewMathforHumanity: Organization offers insights, services, and products based on the concept of psychological, intellectual, and political action bringing about peace. Mission, articles, news, photos, and contact information.
- Oneness in Peace: Offers teacher's guide, workshops, and retreats on a holistic approach to peace education.
- Peace Education International: PreK-12 curriculum resources focusing on building peace and non-violence in the home, school, and community. Sample pages and music clips, discussion board, and on-line order form.
- Peace Education Special Interest Group of the American Educational Research Association: Promotes and disseminates research on issues related to peace, including scholarly work in the areas of social justice, human rights, conflict resolution, violence prevention, prejudice reduction, and holistic education. Membership form, newsletters, and list of officers.
- Peace Games: Program uses cooperative games and community service activities to empower elementary school students to be peacemakers. History of organization, program model, FAQ, and call for volunteers.
- Peace Polls for Conflict Resolution: Uses public opinion polls and surveys for conflict analysis, prevention and resolution, negotiations and peace making. Research papers, questionnaires and reports from Northern Ireland, the Balkans and Middle East.
- Peace Research Foundation: Nonprofit educational organization dedicated to the creation, application, and dissemination of a body of knowledge concerning the subject of peace. Mission statement, events, and volunteer opportunities form.
- Peace Research Information Unit Bonn: National and international advice, information and service institution covering the whole field of peace research related issues. Publications, library hours, peace research index, and contact information.
- Peace and Conflict Monitor: The magazine based at the UN University for Peace. Covers news and features dealing with all aspects of peace and violent conflict issues worldwide.
- Peace and Conflict Studies - University of Colorado: An undergraduate certificate program in peace and conflict studies at the University of Colorado, Boulder.
- Peace and Conflict Studies at Conrad Grebel University College: Undertakes research, engages in public education, and provides support for peacemaking efforts at various levels. Offers a Certificate Program in Conflict Management and an undergraduate degree in Peace and Conflict Studies. Courses, faculty, and testimonials.
- Peace and Conflict Studies at University of California, Berkeley: Major prepares students to understand the dynamics of peace and conflict and to contribute to the creation of more just and peaceable conditions in the world. How to apply, admission requirements, faculty, course list, and information on the honors program.
- PeaceEd: A `resource` for individuals and groups to address the roots of violence by educating for a culture of peace.
- PeaceMobile: Traveling museum teaches children and their families how to build peace through an array of interactive, hands-on activities and exhibits. Photos, program details, and printable teacher resources.
- Pearson Peacekeeping Centre: Independent, non-profit organization whose mandate is to support Canada's contribution to international peace and security through education, training, and research. Includes course descriptions, services offered, and support for current missions.
- Professors World Peace Academy: Non-profit educational organization founded to support the academic community's role in the pursuit of world peace. Organizes conferences and publishes books and the International Journal on World Peace. News and announcements. Membership, subscription, and book order forms.
- Program for Contemporary Silk Road Studies: Main activity of the Program is research on the conflicts, causes of conflicts, and management and prevention of conflicts in the Silk Road Area, also incorporating the project "Conflict Management in Northeast Asia".
- Scenorama Studios: Creates online simulations to enable students to test a variety of responses to conflict situations to gain insights about the nature of conflict and the process for resolving difficult conflicts. Mission, features, and player and instructor requirements.
- Social Justice and Peace Studies at King's University College: This four-year BA program at the University of Western Ontario encourages critical reflection on structural injustices locally and globally and calls for social action to transform the world in the interests of equity and the pursuit of peace.
- Society for the Study of Peace and Conflict: Documents major events from national and international sources primarily on issues related to peace, conflict and human development.
- Space for Peace: A campaign to provide peace education resources and facilitate contact among activists.
- The Center for Conflict Resolution and Peacebuilding: Located in Beirut, Lebanon. Offers dialogue, exchange and training programs, opportunity to meet, communicate and work towards building societies that celebrate diversity.
- The Five College Program in Peace and World Security Studies: Multidisciplinary educational endeavour of the Five College Consortium of Amherst, Hampshire, Mount Holyoke, and Smith Colleges, and the University of Massachusetts at Amherst. News and events, publications, and information for students and faculty.
- The Florida Institute for Peace Education and Research: Non-profit institution committed to the development, advancement, application, and research of nonviolent methods to manage conflict and promote peace. Services offered, upcoming events, and membership form.
- The Fund For Peace: Mission is to prevent war and alleviate the conditions that cause war. Promotes education and research for practical solutions. History of Fund, position statements, news, resources, and details on research and advocacy programs.
- The Joan B. Kroc Institute for International Peace Studies at the University of Notre Dame: Conducts educational, research, and outreach programs on international peace and sponsors major conferences, lectures, visiting fellows programs, and research projects. Program history and description, admission FAQ, course list, publications, and career resources.
- The Lion and the Lamb Peace Arts Center of Bluffton College: Promotes the study of peace, cross-cultural understanding, and nonviolent responses to conflict with an emphasis on these themes for children. Resources, bibliographies, events, and contact information.
- The University for Peace: An institution of higher education for peace. It currently engages in tecahing, research in all matters relating to peace
- Transnational Foundation for Peace and Future Research: Mission is peace. Tools are new ideas, listening, research, mitigation, education, and advocacy. Its Peace Training Network offers lectures and training in areas from advanced theories to practical skills. Forums, articles, news, and links.
- Wisconsin Institute for Peace and Conflict Studies: Dedicated to encouraging and legitimizing teaching and research on the roots of violence, national and global security issues, and all factors necessary for a just global peace. Online "Journal for the Study of Peace and Conflict."