Search Home : Society : Issues : Poverty
- "Poverty" A Subject: Measures controlling poverty linked to the suitability of the country, as reasons of poverty changes due to social conditions of the country.
- 2010: Poverty Elimination: Proposes a nine-step poverty elimination plan.
- ATD Fourth World: An international non-governmental organisation dedicated to overcoming extreme poverty.
- ActionAid: ActionAid is one of the UK's largest development charities which works with over five million of the world's poorest people in Africa, Asia, Latin America and the Caribbean to help eradicate poverty.
- Almanac of Policy Issues: Social Welfare: Comprehensive links and background information on poverty, hunger, welfare, homelessness, housing, seniors issues, and other social welfare issues.
- CIDA - Poverty Reduction: Seeks to stimulate dialogue and learning among a wide range of development actors - international organizations, governments, NGOs, the private sector, and academia - about what poverty reduction means to them and their poverty reduction experiences and lessons learned.
- Center for Impact Research: Chicago, Illinois based nonprofit `group` working to end violence and poverty. Includes publications, newsletter, conferences, policy centers and mailing list.
- Center for Law and Social Policy (CLASP): A national non-profit organization which seeks to improve the economic security of low-income families with children and secure access for low-income persons to the civil justice system.
- Children Helping Children: Promotes the needs of the young in third world by raising money to educate and house them, plus give them a purpose in life.
- Coalition on Human Needs: CHN is an alliance of national organizations working together to promote public policies which address the needs of low-income and other vulnerable populations.
- Cochabamba - Equipo Bolivia Service Trip: A trip in service to Cochabamba, Bolivia to aid the poor children of the street in this impoverished city.
- Combat Poverty Agency (Ireland): State agency working for the prevention and elimination of poverty and social exclusion in Ireland. It is a small organization set up under the Combat Poverty Agency Act 1986.
- Cornell University: Poverty, Inequality and Development: Research papers and other materials on poverty from Cornell University faculty and graduate students.
- Development Gateway - Poverty Reduction: Portal site with reports, links, bulletin board and other resources focusing on poverty reduction and development.
- Fighting Poverty, One Business at a Time.: The Trickle Up Program is an international non-profit organization dedicated to reducing poverty by providing low-income people around the world with the opportunity to create their own micro-enterprises.
- Global Thinker - Economic Injustice Around the World: Small collection of links regarding globalization and poverty.
- Global Truth and Reconciliation 911: Aims to help the impoverished in the world by raising awareness among the more affluent, reducing demand for unnneeded goods, and rechanneling aid to help the poor help themselves.
- High Wycombe Results: Results is a British organization whose aim is to generate the political will to end hunger and poverty by lobbying MPs, letter-writing and media work.
- Institute for Research on Poverty: Information about the institute, explanations of poverty measures, research, and links. One of two national poverty research centers designated by the US Department of Health and Human Services.
- Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP): Background information and links on the Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP), and other low-income energy issues. From the Almanac of Policy Issues.
- Netaid.org: A UN-sponsored combination of the Internet, television, radio, and live events with world-class artists designed to fight extreme poverty.
- Poor Magazine: An on-line news service dedicated to providing in-depth coverage of issues affecting low and no income communities nationally and internationally.
- PovNet News: Information about welfare and housing laws and resources in British Columbia, Canada. Provides links to other anti-poverty organizations and resources in Canada and internationally.
- Poverty Mapping: Articles, case studies, maps, and graphics on the issues of poverty, food security, and the environment.
- Poverty Net: Personal page with resources and support for people who work to understand and prevent poverty. News, definitions, measurement methodology, facts, bibliography, related links, and guest book.
- Poverty Relief, Human Rights and Peace: List of links on a variety of subjects.
- Poverty and Race Research Action Council: PRRAC fosters and supports collaborations among researchers and advocates effectively addressing problems faced by people living at the intersection of poverty and race.
- Project Match: Conducts program development and research activities in the fields of welfare-to-work and workforce development.
- Public Private Ventures: A national nonprofit devoted to youth development, mentoring, youth violence reduction, faith-based programs, national service and volunteering, and workforce development.
- State Policy Documentation Project (SPDP): Tracks policy choices on Temporary Assistance to Needy Families (TANF) cash assistance programs and Medicaid in the 50 states and the District of Columbia. A joint project of the Center for Law and Social Policy and the Center on Budget and Policy Priorities.
- Synergos: An independent, nonprofit institute dedicated to developing effective, sustainable, and locally based solutions to global poverty, especially in Africa, Asia and Latin America.
- Synergos University for a Night 1999: Archived proceedings of the May 27, 1999 conference discussing plans to reduce global poverty. Lists sponsors, recommendations, excerpts from the plenary session, and possible future events.
- The Institute on Race & Poverty: University of Minnesota (USA).
- University of the Poor: Affiliated with the Economic Human Rights Campaign, which documents economic human rights abuses across the United States.
- World Bank PovertyNet: Information about poverty, its assessment, its impacts, and initiatives to reduce poverty internationally. Includes a special collection of the "literature of poverty."
This category in other languages: