Search Home : Society : Issues : Science and Technology : Biotechnology : Genetics : Genetically Modified Food
- AgBioWorld: Sponsored by scientists in favor of crop biotechnology. Members include Nobel Prize winners Norman Bourlaug and James Watson.
- AgBios: Regulatory and risk assessment information on agricultural biotechnology products, including genetically modified foods and crops.
- Agent Orange: Personal pages give an overview of the extent of genetic engineering in plants and animals as well what some of the hazards might be.
- BBC Special report: Food under the microscope: Q&A, articles, and a debate between a biotech company and Greenpeace, plus more links to pro and con sites.
- Cambridge Scientific Abstracts - Genetically Modified Food: Key citations, links, a glossary and other information concerning major topictures in the GM debate are available here.
- Center for Food Safety: An environmental and public health organization which has initiated landmark legal actions against the FDA and EPA to preserve the integrity of the food supply.
- Center for Food Safety: New FDA Proposal on Genetically Modified Foods: Analysis of proposed revised US guidelines that would exempt GM foods from pre-market safety testing, make safety consultations voluntary, and prohibit companies from labelling foods as being free from GM ingredients. These policies would be exempt from environmental review.
- Debunking Myths of Genetic Engineering in Crops: Article attacking genetic engineering, with references, by E. Ann Clark.
- Engineering Crops in a Needy World: Presentation of the genetically modified food debate in India.
- GE Free Food Guide: A guide to buying genetically engineering free and organic food in New Zealand.
- Genetic Engineering In Agriculture: A virtual book about applications of genetic engineering in agriculture,and about the movement trying to discredit it.
- Genetically Engineered Foods - Safety Problems: Information on potential health and environmental problems with genetically engineered crops and food.
- Genetically Engineered Foods - Safety Problems: Health and environmental problems with genetically engineered crops and foods explained in a way everybody can understand. Authored by a global scientist network for independent interdisciplinary evaluation of the safety and value of new technologies
- Genetically Manipulated Food News: Information on the spread of genetic modification in the food supply as well as the politics and legal issues. Searchable index by subject and date.
- Genetically Manipulated Plants Used for Food: Articles, commentary and links to other sources, with emphasis on the findings of Dr. A. Pusztai.
- Genetically Modified Food - UK and World News: Archive of news articles about GM foods, from 1998 to the present. Also includes editorials about the risks, lack of safety testing, and proponents of the products.
- Genetically Modified Foods and Organisms: Overview of genetically modified foods, crops, organisms. Pros and cons of genetic modification.
- Global Issues: Genetically Engineered Food: Outlines scientific and consumer concerns about genetically engineered and modified foods. Safety, food patents, Monsanto's role and media coverage are addressed.
- Greenpeace Report: Not Ready for Roundup: Critical examination of Monsanto's genetically engineered herbicide-ready soybeans, their safety, approval, marketing and consumer issues.
- How to Avoid Genetically Modified Foods: Genetically engineered (GM/GE) foods can produce unexpected serious risks to human health and the environment. Includes GM insulin risks, GM and aspartame and consumer updates on food companies.
- Institute for Agriculture and Trade Policy: Mission is to create environmentally and economically sustainable rural communities through sound agriculture and trade policy. Includes ongoing campaigns to fight genetically engineered foods.
- Monsanto: Corporate information about Monsanto, a major producer of GM seeds, as well as educational material, news and a long list of links.
- Myths About GMO: VegSource.com paper argues that biotech has no benefits for starving people in the developing world.
- New Scientist Hot Topics: GM Food: Collection of news and articles on the benefits and dangers of genetically modified foods
- Norfolk Genetic Information Network (NGIN): UK and international news; articles; quotations by scientists.
- Ohioline - Information on Genetically Modified Organisms: Sponsored by Ohio State University. Frequently asked questions are answered and useful links are provided.
- OneWorld Guide to Biotechnology and Genetic Engineering: Site dedicated to sustainable development and human rights issues presents in-depth articles and discussions on GE technology and its possible ramifications. Links to relevant off-site content.
- Pew Initiative on Food and Biotechnology: Headlines on genetically modified food, agricultural biotechnology and transgenic animals, intended for the public, media, and policymakers.
- Quotations by scientists on the safety of GM foods: "There is an awful lot unknown about hazards of new [GM food] crops and until it is fully tested we should not be subjecting people to risks, least of all young children."
- SIRC: A page on GM food at the website of the Social Issues Research Centre.
- Safety of Genetically Modified Food: Provides a huge list of articles and other resources concerning GM food safety.
- Save Jerry's Corn: Grassroots campaign to buy Iowa farmer's Jerry Rosman's genetically-engineered corn for scientific testing.
- Shuji Hisano's Office: Some articles, information and links related to "Biotechnology, Agriculture, Food, and Society".
- Socio-Political Impact of Biotechnology in Developing Countries: Novartis Foundation for Sustainable Development (NFSD): "food security in the developing countries must not come to depend on surpluses from the industrialised countries or, worse, food aid..." [Novartis is a biotechnology company]
- Synthetic Genetically-Engineered Bio-Tech Foods: Health and environmental risks with scientific findings. News and info about regulation, campaigns, biotech companies, US and WTO demands, diary, books, and links. "The biggest experiment in human history has begun, with us as the guinea pigs and the planets ecological system as the test site. The genetech industry wants it all kept quiet..."
- Terminator technology threatening African farmers' rights: Article in Afrol News on the possible effects of the terminator gene on southern African agriculture.
- The Non-GMO Source: Monthly newsletter (with paid subscription) on possible market opportunities for non-genetically engineered agricultural and food products.
- The ProBiotech Web Site: An analysis of the development and benefits of biotechnology in agriculture.
- The Risks on the Table: Article by Karen Hopkin about genetically modified ingredients in food.
- Why the USDA's Technology Protection System Benefits Agriculture: The USDA responds to frequently asked questions about the Technology Protection System, which blocks germination of seeds in a crop and requires the purchase of new seeds.
This category in other languages: