Search Home : Society : Issues : Terrorism
- A Mindful Approach: Read about the psychological, social, and religious factors that are responsible for terrorism.
- Anti-Terrorism Campaign: Concentrates on Pakistan and Afghanistan.
- Christian Science Monitor - Perspectives on Terrorism: Defining the Line: Interactive special project provides an explanation of terrorism, its tactics and aims.
- Christian Science Monitor - Terrorism & Security: Terrorism blog features news from worldwide news sources. Sign up for daily email updates.
- Connections: Terrorist Networks: Examines the make up of a terrorist network, mapping cells, plus dealing with and destabilizing adversary social networks. From the Official Journal of the International Network for Social Network Analysis. [Adobe Acrobat Reader required].
- Council on Foreign Relations - Terrorism: Questions & Answers: An encyclopedia of terrorism, especially as it relates to the United States. Lists terrorist groups, state sponsors and havens, the causes, responses and policy for 9/11.
- Disaster Management Interoperability Services: Collaborative effort among government and responder agencies to provide information aiding prevention, planning, preparedness, response, and recovery from terrorist activities involving weapons of mass destruction.
- FAS: Terrorism - Background and Threat Assessments: Guide to resources, both governmental and private, including FAS information on liberation movements, terrorist organizations, substance cartels, and other para-state entities. From the Federation of American Scientists.
- Globalization and Terror: Includes various articles, and definitions on these issues.
- International Terrorism: Read about international terrorist organisations, their propagandas, financial resources, and counter organisations.
- Islam Denounces Terrorism: Examines Islam as it relates to extremism, peace and terrorism.
- J.R's Global Security Resource: Defines and investigates the nature of terrorism, as well as related links.
- Jane's IntelWeb: Monitors developments in terrorist and intelligence activity worldwide.
- Jurist: Terrorism Law and Policy: Information on anti-terrorism law, counterterrorism policy and legal issues relating to bioterrorism and anthrax. Includes news, statements, reports, hearings, commentary and bibliography. From JURIST, at the University of Pittsburgh School of Law.
- NIC: National Intelligence Council: Unclassified website which contains reports on new and emerging national security issues and transnational threats.
- National Disaster Medical System: NDMS assists American state and local medical agencies responding to the health effects of peacetime disasters, terrorism, and weapons of mass destruction. Includes discussion of counterterrorism, searchable directory, and links to related materials.
- Origin of Religious Terrorism: An analysis into the psychological and religious factors that cause a person to become a terrorist.
- Proliferation: Threat and Response: 1997 U.S. Department of Defence report on proliferation and threat of weapons of mass destruction in the world. Includes slide show, news releases, and related links.
- South Asia Terrorism Portal: Supplying daily news updates, data, commentary, research, critical assessment and analysis on terrorism, low intensity warfare and sectarian strife in South Asia. From the Institute for Conflict Management.
- Terrorism & Liberty: Photographic exposition in Paris, depicting images of terrorism over the past 50 years. Introduction and selected photographs.
- Terrorism Anatomy: Offers a pychological analysis of terrorist behaviour and anatomy of modern terrorism.
- Terrorism Files: Features an insight into terrorism, terrorist activities, and organizations. Includes news and related links.
- Terrorism Research: Examines the various definitions of terrorism along with common behavior, organization, and characteristics of terrorist groups.
- The Psychology of Terror: Features the definition of terrorist and terrorism, intimidating tactics, psychopathology, the Stockholm Syndrome, and post traumatic stress.
- U.S. Department of State: Response to Terrorism: Continually updated, including latest news, fact sheets, transcripts, statements and full archive. Key documents, photo galleries, issues in focus, terriorist incidents in depth and other resources. From the Office of International Information Programs.
- US Department of State: Patterns of Global Terrorism: Annual reports include overview of terrorist activity on each continent, chronology of major events, background information on the groups involved, and information on extradition of terrorists. Archives go back to 1995.
- Wikipedia - Terrorism: Hyperlinked encyclopedia article includes definitions, groups and incidents.
- ZGram Attic: Includes information and links on American Intelligence, patterns of global terrorism, terrorist organization, chemical and biological weapons, computer security, cryptography, economic espionage, and related topics.
This category in other languages: