Search Home : Society : Issues : Transportation
- Operation Lifesaver Inc.: A nationwide, non-profit public information program dedicated to reducing collisions, injuries and fatalities at highway-rail crossings and on railroad rights-of-way.
- Bad Subjects: Traffic: Political commentary on modern transportation issues.
- Center for Neighborhood Technology: "Founded in 1978, CNT develops creative strategies for making cities and their surrounding areas work for everyone, environmentally and economically". Transport and sustainable development.
- Centre for Independent Transport (CILT): A research and `resource` unit concerned with socially and environmentally sustainable urban transport. Includes their work, publications, a magazine, links and contact information.
- Community Transportation Association of America: Includes federal and legislative updates, magazine, employment opportunities, current programs and articles.
- Fossil Fuels Policy Action Institute/Alliance for a Paving Moratorium: The Auto-Free Times magazine, called "witty" by the BBC's Educational Webguide, offers articles on roadfighting, alternative transportation, sustainable trade, and related issues such as petroleum dependence, overpopulation, and climate change.
- Innovative Finance Clearinghouse: Clearinghouse provides finance information about surface-transportation techniques, programs and practices, and events and trends in the industry.
- Institute of Transportation Studies: Transportation studies at University of California-Berkeley and the other campuses in the UC system.
- Metropolitan Travel Survey Archive: A collection of travel and trip surveys compiled by the University of Minnesota.
- NAS/NRC Reports: Transportation: Online access to topical reports by the National Academy of Sciences and National Research Council.
- National Lift Share Day: Raising awareness of car sharing as a viable form of transport. Includes maps and information on car sharing, traffic and public transportation.
- RFF Library: Urban Transportation: Resources for the Future policy papers related to urban transportation policy
- TRIS Online: Transportation Research Information Services Online, a database produced and maintained by the USDOT Bureau of Transportation and the Transportation Research Board at the National Academy of Sciences.
- TransAct: Collection of information and resources about making communities more livable and helping the environment through innovative transportation projects and initiatives.
- TransOptions: A non-profit transportation `group` servicing Northern New Jersey. Includes commuter options, information, partner companies and special projects.
- Transportation Research Board: Promotes innovation and progress in transportation through research. The Board fulfills this mission through the work of some 200 standing technical committees and task forces that address all modes and aspects of transportation.
- Urban Design Principles: Principles for designing cities with a high quality of life and transportational choice. Essays with links to organizations, and ordinances.
- Urban Mobility Study: An annual statistical report on the extent and performance of the roadway systems in 68 U.S. cities, with data from several decades.
- Urban Transport and Environment: TERI center addressing the problem of rising urbanization and motorization in India, including statistics, event information, and papers on emission control strategies and euro norms.
- WALK Austin: Organizes citizen support for increased use and safety of pedestrian facilities.
- Wendell Cox Consultancy and The Public Purpose: Works to facilitate the ideal of government as the servant of the people by identifying and implementing strategies to achieve public purposes at a cost that is no higher than necessary. Emphasis is on transportation issues.
This category in other languages: