Search Home : Society : Issues : Violence and Abuse : Workplace
- Aegis: Consultancy and training provider in the area of workplace violence.
- All Safety Training: Preparing companies to understand and manage workplace violence.
- Benchmark: The Effects of Workplace Violence: Results of a survey of 500 managers about the effects of threats and incidents of workplace violence.
- Braun Consulting Group: Contains 16 links to articles and other resources with information about workplace violence.
- Building a Workplace Violence Plan: By John Brenner and Betsy Summerfield, VCCA Journal, from the summer of 1996.
- Bully Online: The UK National Workplace Bullying Advice Line, insight into workplace bullying, discrimination, prejudice, abuse, conflict, and other violence.
- Bully at Work - Interview with Tim Field: UPI interview with Tim Field about bullying in the workplace, its psychological background, and economic repercussions.
- Crisis Prevention Institute Home Page: CPI offers training in the safe management of disruptive and assaultive behavior, as well as other topics.
- Crisis Solutions, Inc.: Consulting and preparing employee assistance programs. Consultants are therapists and business specialists in trauma, violence, sexual harassment in the workplace.
- Dealing with Workplace Violence - A Guide for Agency Planners: Intended to assist those who are responsible for establishing workplace violence initiatives at their agencies. HTML and pdf formats available.
- Death In The Office: Workplace Homicides: This article focuses on workplace homicides committed by known assailants. It highlights common offender characteristics to help law enforcement apprehend suspects. Finally, it identifies the causes of such crimes, which may prevent them from occurring in the first place.
- Does Your Boss Make You Sick?: Discusses how job stress can cause mental and physical sickness and explores what workers can do about stress. Also includes section about Utah workers' compensation.
- Domestic Violence Project of Santa Clara County: Over 1100 categorized links, 4000 books, 110 journals, and other information about domestic and workplace violence.
- Guidelines for Workplace Violence Prevention Programs: Guidelines for workplace violence prevention for healthcare workers in institutional and community settings.
- Homicide Alert: The National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH) article using statistics on workplace homicides to identify high-risk workplaces and occupations. (NIOSH) Publication No. 93-109)
- JFO - Targeting Workplace Bullying: Worldwide community project dedicated to helping and promoting targets of workplace bullying.
- List of School and Workplace Violence Incidents: List of incidence in workplace and school settings.
- Mass Murder and the Postal Purges: Contains commentary by Fred Dungan.
- Media Guide:Workplace Violence: Articles, preprogrammed search tools, and resources on Workplace Violence and prevention.
- Narcissism in the Boardroom: UPI series of articles about bullying in the workplace committed by narcissistic managers.
- Narcissistic Bullies in the Workplace: Chat transcript about abusive bullies in the workplace - bosses, colleagues, suppliers, and clients.
- National Institute for the Prevention of Workplace Violence: Center for research, consulting, training, and communication aregarding occupational violence prevention.
- Open Site - Workplace Violence and Abuse: Open encyclopedia article about workplace violence and abuse.
- Prevent Workplace Violence During Terminations: 25 Ways to Prevent Workplace Violence During Terminations - by William S. Frank.
- Psychopaths in Suits: Psychopaths in management and in positions of corporate authority - transcript of ABC Radio National's Background Briefing.
- SafetyLine - Online: The site has a fully searchable database of resources, solutions, practices, news, Australian law, and information on workplace violence.
- Stripclubs According to Strippers: Exposing Workplace Sexual Violence: An investigation of women's experiences in stripclubs related to physical and sexual violence. The article examines the conditions, organization structure of the industry, and typical interactions with customers.
- Tackling 'people problems' in the workplace: human `resource` trouble-shooting services: Information and advice on 'people problems' in the workplace - stress, discrimination, bullying and harassment, conflict, and poor teamwork.
- The Crime Library - Workplace Homicide: Spotlight on major cases and some warning signs.
- The Work Advisor: Workplace violence and harassment prevention company. Offering videocassettes, cd-rom courses, web based solutions, on-line learning, conflict management resolutions and consulting.
- Violence in the Workplace: National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health publication discussing Risk Factors and Prevention Strategies of workplace violence.
- Workplace Bully: Facts, recommended reading, and handling tips regarding workplace bullying, abuse, and discrimination.
- Workplace Violence: Downsizing, increased workload, questions about the future are adding to stress and worry and the potential for violence must be prepared for.
- Workplace Violence: Department of Labor, Occupational Health and Safety Administration, Resources on the web. Information on Workplace Violence, guidelines and training materials are available.
- Workplace Violence: A web site dedicated to the awareness and prevention of workplace violence.
- Workplace Violence - a Bibliography: Books dealing with workplace violence, prevention, protection, management, containment, and liability, are listed here with hyperlinks to Amazon where they can be reviewed and ordered online.
- Workplace Violence Research Institute: Workplace Violence Research Institute is an educational and research consortium. Site contains articles on the subject of workplace violence and online ordering of `resource` material.
- Workplace Violence...at the Office?: This site discusses the recent trends of violence in office settings and what steps can be reasonabley taken to prevent it.