Search Home : Society : Law : Legal Information : Intellectual Property : Copyrights
- Intellectual Property Online: An exhaustive list of annotated links to patent, trademark and copyright information from the Electronic Frontier Foundation.
- Artists Coalition Against Piracy: An organization of artists, musicians and writers, educating webmasters in copyright issues. Offers help for both intellectual property owners and webmasters.
- Arts and the Law: Exploring the interaction of law with the visual, literary and performing arts.
- Audio Video Licensing Agency: A non-exclusive agent that administers licensing in Canada for the owners and exclusive holders of copyright in audio and music video recordings.
- Basic Copyright Concepts For Writers: Article explaining basic copyright concepts with links, examples, and additional information.
- Berne Convention: International convention for the protection of literary and artistic works.
- Center for Democracy & Technology: Copyright in the news.
- Coalition for Networked Information (CNI): A forum devoted to discussing copyright, intellectual property rights, and public access to information in the digital age.
- Contracts, Copyright and Preemption in a Digital World: Law journal article by I. Trotter Hardy
- CopyOwn: A `resource` on copyright ownership for the higher education community.
- Copyfight: A blog examining the nexus of legal rulings, Capitol Hill policy-making and technical standards development.
- Copyright & Fair Use FAQ: From Stanford University Law School.
- Copyright Association of Ireland: Promotes informed debate and awareness of copyright issues in Ireland and around the world.
- Copyright Clearance Center: Permissions Made Easy: provides solutions for photocopy licensing, digital licensing, digital content distribution, and digital rights management (DRM) of copyrighted materials for users and copyright owners.
- Copyright Colloquium: A forum which discusses and debates the many issues surrounding copyright and intellectual property in the digital age.
- Copyright FAQ: Answers to frequently asked copyright questions.
- Copyright Implementation Manual: Policies adopted by Groton Public Schools in Mystic, Connecticut, based on a 1992 publication by Dr. Charles W. Vlcek of Washington, DC. Sections on photocopying and duplication of music and video as well as use of private databases.
- Copyright Management Center: Copyright resources from Indiana & Purdue University.
- Copyright Online Royalties Service: Designed to deliver "real time" payments to rights owners, composers and songwriters, from all major collection societies.
- Copyright Term and the Public Domain in the United States: Copyright chart.
- Copyright Timeline: A history of copyright in the United States.
- Copyright Town Meetings: Information and resources from the National Initiative for a Networked Cultural Heritage.
- Copyright and Art Issues: Copyright and fair use in the realm of art and our cultural heritage.
- Copyright and Intellectual Property: Links, resources and information relating to copyright law from the Association of Research Libraries.
- Copyright and Intellectual Property Resources: From the Association of Research Libraries, includes information on current legislation.
- Copyright and Libraries: Copyright cases, library copyright guidelines, legal memos and Web resources for librarians
- Copyright and Music: Series of articles written by piano teacher Martha Beth Lewis, Ph.D., of California, with links collected by the author.
- Copyright on the Internet: Copyright information for internet authors and artists.
- Copyrightnews.Com: Daily copyright and intellectual property headlines, and annotated intellectual property links.
- Copyrightvault.com: They offer to provide independent evidence of your copyright.
- Crash Course in Copyright Law from the University of Texas: Course to help you learn about how ownership of copyrighted materials works, what is fair use and when and how to get permission to use someone else's materials.
- Current Copyright Legislation: From the American Bar Association.
- Current Copyright Legislation: From the U.S. Copyright Office, with links to full text of Senate and House bills.
- Digital Preservation and Copyright: Article from Peter D. Hirtle of Cornell University.
- Edward Barrow's Internet Copyright Pages: A site devoted to UK copyright law.
- European Copyright User Platform: Provides information on European copyright developments.
- Fair Use in a Nutshell: A 16-step roadmap to copyright's most important exception. By Lloyd J. Jassin, a New York-based publishing attorney.
- Friends of Active Copyright Education: Basic information about copyright, FAQs, myths and links.
- GNU Project - Free Software Foundation (FSF): Organization supporting software authors who give up their copyright protections to allow the free distribution of software.
- Guide to Copyright for Music Librarians: Sponsored by the Legislation Committee of the Music Library Association. Includes the latest news and developments, current issues in copyright, a bibliography, copyright guidelines, related Internet resources and frequently asked questions.
- Illustrated Story of Copyright: Detailing the history of copyright law.
- Interview: Michael Landau on Copyright: Professor Landau of the Georgia State University College of Law comments on the Supreme Court case of The New York Times v. Tasini.
- Lawgirl's Copyright Basics: Copyright help page. Basic copyright information and links to registration help and `resource` pages.
- Libraries and Copyright in the Digital Age: Information relating to fair use, library exemptions, and recent copyright legislation, from The American Library Association.
- Music Library Association: Copyright guidelines and resources.
- Musicians' Intellectual Law and Resources Links: Resources for copyright, trademark, royalty collection and other intellectual property topics.
- Myths About Copyright Explained: Answers to common myths about copyright from Brad Templeton, former publisher at ClariNet Communications Corp.,
- National Legislation - UNESCO: Directory of full-text copyright laws from around the world, in English, for review on line or free download.
- Online Copyright Resource Kit: From OCLC.
- Public Domain Information Project: Reference site to help the ordinary person identify music and songs in the public domain.
- Purpose of Copyright: An essay on the state of copyright protections.
- Recorded Artists and Performers Limited: Not-for-profit company, limited by guarantee, for recorded artists and performers in Ireland.
- Sentry: Australian copyright information
- Song Rights: Information on copyright for songwriters, from Robert Carter, a Texas lawyer.
- Stanford Copyright & Fair Use: Information and study aids concerning copyright law.
- TV's Bastard Offspring: Personal account of victory against British broadcasters, over a stolen idea for a television program.
- The Copyright Website: Endeavoring to provide real world, practical and relevant copyright information.
- US copyright law: Title 17- Copyrights- of the U.S. Code in its entirity from Cornell University
- United States Copyright Office: Provides and an overview of copyright law, federal laws, regulations and other US government publications. Also provides information about registering a copyrighted document, as well as a searchable database of documents filed with the office.
- Visual Resources Association: Copyright, intellectual property rights and fair use resources.
- What is Copyright Protection?: Information about copyrights in general, and as applied to the internet.
- Yale University: Annotated copyright policies of selected colleges and universities.
- beSpacific: Intellectual Property Blog: Resources on copyright and other intellectual property issues.
This category in other languages: