Search Home : Society : Lifestyle Choices : Vegetarianism
- VegSource: Vegetarian and vegan recipes, discussion boards, articles, information from medical doctors, experts and nutritionists, and a community of people who share an interest in health, diet and the planet.
- 10 Tips for the New Vegetarian/Vegan: Ten in depth tips for when you're just starting out as a new vegetarian.
- Abbeys Recipes: Offers low fat vegetarian and dessert recipes, health tips, fitness, nutrition, organic foods, and animal rights.
- Awards 2001 - The Vegetarian Society UK: Now accepting nominations from the general public for vegetarian and vegan products and services in the UK. Award ceremony will be in London during National Vegetarian Week 25 June - 1st July.
- BananaSteak: Pro-vegetarian website with serious and provocative content presented with an offbeat sense of humor.
- Beyond Vegetarianism: Reports from veterans of vegetarian and raw-food diets, veganism, fruitarianism, and instinctive eating, plus new science from paleolithic diet research and clinical nutrition.
- Famousveggie.com: List of famous vegetarians/vegans with quotes, links, recipes and a list of vegetarian restaurants.
- GladCow: Provides a `resource` for people who are choosing a cruelty-free and health conscious lifestyle including discussion forums, recipes and news.
- Go Vegetarian!: Community message board for vegetarians and vegans, or anyone who is just interested in the meat-free lifestyle. Contains mainly recipes, and questions and answers on vegetarian/vegan food.
- GoVeg: A how-to guide to vegetarianism and veganism includes FAQ, links and resources. One of the PETA family of sites.
- In a Vegetarian Kitchen: An on-line cookbook, featuring dozens of easy low-fat recipes, kitchen wisdom, and tips for new and aspiring vegetarians.
- Kid Friendly Vegetarian: Contains recipes children can make on their own or with help from adults.
- Living Vegetarian: Should you be a vegetarian, it can be a healthy way to eat. Reasons for becoming a vegetarian are personal and individual decisions. Some are ethical and some are for health reasons recommended by dieticians and doctors.
- Living in Harmony with Vegetarians: Article which includes inspiring comments at the end from hundreds of vegetarian readers.
- Meat Filter: Contains information and news for vegetarians and vegans.
- Modern Vegetarian: Resources about how to live a vegetarian and vegan lifestyle, including news, and nutrition.
- Pregnancy Vegetarian Diet: An essay by Reed Mangels on how vegetarians can easily meet their nutrient needs during pregnancy.
- The Veg Blog: Includes news and links.
- VRG's Veggie Quiz: Rates your knowledge of vegetarianism.
- Valentines for Vegetarians and Vegans: Competitions, recipes, ideas, video and lots of information for vegetarians and vegans on Valentines day.
- Veg Cook Book: A large collection of vegetarian recipes, including sub-indexes for tofu, stews, salads, and burgers.
- Veg Dining: Lists over 1000 vegetarian restaurants located worldwide. Site visitors can submit restaurant reviews.
- Veg On TV: Examines Vegetarian TV characters from 1951 to the present. Shows discussed include Friends, The Simpsons, 90210, Enterprise, King of the Hill, South Park, and Third Rock.
- VegKids: Information for kids who care about animals and being vegetarian.
- VegNews.org: News and articles, which may be commented on and submitted by visitors.
- VegPeople Discussion: A community message board of vegetarians and vegans, for exchange of recipes, health, and dietary information.
- Vegetarian Beers: Lists many (mainly British) beers and whether or not they are suitable for vegetarians.
- Vegetarian Flyer: Campaigns for veggie food on airplanes.
- Vegetarian Food Pyramid: Contains a diagram consisting of six different food groups with guidelines for vegetarian eating habits.
- Vegetarian Headquarters: Offers visitors numerous resources on every aspect of vegetarianism. Site features vegetarian news that is updated daily. All of the information and services on this site are free.
- Vegetarian Made Easy: Offers vegetarian recipes, dietary information including protein and nutritional supplements. Provides listings of vegetarian restaurants and natural foods stores. Site articles discuss vegetarianism and switching to a vegan or vegetarian diet.
- Vegetarian Pages: "Independent and definitive internet guide for vegetarians."
- Vegetarian Resources: Covers vegetarianism history, associations and dishes.
- Vegetarian Stuff: Site contains a message board, bookstore, tshirt shop, link directory.
- Vegetarian Times: Online companion to the magazine.
- Vegetarian Tips: Lists hundreds of tips and mini-facts relating to vegetarianism, vegans, health, nutrition, animal welfare, environment, and recipes.
- Veggie Global: Contains an abundance of vegetarian resources.
- Veggie Recipes: Offers a variety of vegetarian recipes including soups, desserts, chili, pies and entrees.
- Veggie Table: Questions and answers on vegetarianism. Vegetarian and vegan recipes, cookbook recommendations, "vegetarianism for beginners" articles, and a recipe-exchange forum.
- Veggie Views: Offers photos, links, recipes and information about the environment, Caithness and being vegetarian.
- Veggie Villa: Information on the vegetarian lifestyle - recipes, discussion, vegetarian children - and the ancient Indian tradition of ayurveda.
- VeggieFiles: Vegetarian food product reviews (including meat and dairy alternatives), recipes (tofu, soy, vegan), cooking tips and feature articles, plus "Easy Ways to Eat More Soy". Updated frequently.
- VeggieFoodGuide: A guide featuring reviews of pubs and restaurants in the UK that serve vegetarian food. The site also includes a selection of recipes.
- VeggieHeadOnline: Online forum for veggieheads to find out the latest vegetarian news, share recipes and info on veggie-friendly restaurants across the globe, and discuss topics related to the flesh-free lifestyle.
- VeggieMK: What's happening for vegans and vegetarians in Milton Keynes and surrounding areas, with restaurants, recipes, shops, ethics and vegan links.
- Veggies Unite: Recipes are included here.
This category in other languages: