Search Home : Society : People : Lefthanders
- Lorin's Left-handedness Site: Extensive collection of information about left-handedness, by a psychologist. Topics include prevalence and genetics of left-handedness, famous left-handers, myths and trivia, shops for lefthanders, and left-handedness links.
- Rosemary West's Left-Handed Page: Large collection of information and links, including organizations, research articles, list of famous left-handers, left-handedness in the arts, links to shopping sites, FAQ, humor, fun facts, and trivia.
- All Hands - Sinistral's Left: Personal homepage on lefties: benefits, gripes, nicknames, and handicaps of left-handedness.
- Alt.lefthanders Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ): Usenet FAQ. Includes questions such as: What does being "left-handed" or "ambidextrous" mean? Is lefthandedness inherited? Are lefthanders naturally clumsy? Do Lefties make better athletes?
- Are You Left-Handed?: Observations on the ontology of handedness, advice on how to surf the net left-handed, and links.
- Association of Left-handers, India: Works to create awareness that left-handedness is normal and to provide resources for left-handed people in the country. Information on cultural perspectives in India and the group's initiatives and accomplishments.
- Association of LefthHanders Zambia (ALHZ): Compiling a list of famous lefthanders in Africa. Also supplies contact information.
- Calligraphy and Lettering Arts Society: "If you are left handed, do not despair." Advice for left-handers who want to learn calligraphy.
- Creation of the Sinister: Biological Contributions to Left-handedness: Critique of the Geschwind-Behan-Galaburda (GBG) Theory of Left-Handedness and other theories that associate lefthandedness with developmental disorders. Published in the Harvard undergraduate neuroscience journal, Brain.
- Crochet Lessons for Left-Handers: Instructions, with helpful diagrams.
- European Lefthanders' Page: English translation of German site: information of particular interest to European left-handers. Extensive lists of sources for left-handed products in Europe and on the Internet.
- Famous Left-Handers: Long list of left-handed actors, artists, authors, musicians, athletes, politicians, U.S. presidents, and historical figures.
- Gauche! Left-Handers in Society: A `resource` guide and forum. Left-handers speak to parents, teachers, employers, physicians, and others.
- Irish Left-handers Club: Short newsletter, links, and other features.
- Is There a Link Between Left-Handedness and Homosexuality?: Discusses a recent study showing that left-handedness and homosexuality may be linked.
- Japan Southpaw Club: English version of Japanese language website for left-handers. Information about lefthandedness, left-handed products, and an online forum for lefties.
- LEFTovers: List of Lefthanded Canadians. Also contains left-handed stores in Canada.
- Laterality: Asymmetries of Body, Brain and Cognition: Scientific journal publishing research on the psychological, behavioural and neurological aspects of lateralisation, including handedness. Online tables of contents, abstracts, instructions to authors, and other information.
- Left Hand Education: Information about campaign in the UK to ensure that teachers are trained on specific guidelines on helping left-handed children.
- Left Handedness: Curse, Blessing or Anomaly of Nature?: Updated version of Molly Joy's high school term paper on the topic.
- Left Handers Day: Left Handers Day is on 13 August. Website features information about handedness, fun facts, games and quizzes.
- Left Is Right: Survival guide for living lefty in a right-handed world.
- Left-Handed Writers Page: Article about left-handed writing with fountain pens, including advice on nib selection. Photographs show different hand positions lefties write in, with special advice for each.
- Left-Handers: Site's goal is to provide information and make right-handed people aware of the difficulties encountered by left-handed people in a world made by and for those who are right-handed. Famous left-handers and other information. Site is also available in French.
- Left-handedness: A modern Islamic perspective on being left-handed.
- Lefthandedness -- and Other Symptoms of a Disordered Mind: Facts and myths about lefthandedness, links to lefthander organizations and stores for left-handed products, information on handgun products designed for left-handed use.
- Lefties: The Science of Handedness: "Science Friday" program in RealAudio. Links to other Internet resources on handedness.
- Living in the Mirror: A Left-Handed Home Page: Comments and essays about living as a left-hander, plus links to other left-handedness-related sites, including a large selection of scientific material.
- Primate Handedness and Brain Lateralization Research: At Indiana University (M.K. Holder, Ph.D.). You can participate in the study by filling out an online questionnaire. Site also has links to information (both serious and fun) of interest to left-handers.
- Scientific American: Ask the Experts: Biology: M.K. Holder answers the questions: "Do scientists understand why there are so many more right-handers than left-handers? Do other primates show a similar tendency to favor one hand over the other?"
- Study Finds Left-handers Don't Die Earlier: Short article from the Associated Press.
- The First Left-Handed Piano: About pianist Christopher Seed, who has built and plays a piano with the keyboard in reverse so that he can play the melody with the left hand.
- The Language of the Left: Derogatory meanings associated with the words for "left" in several world languages.
- The Left-Handed Child in a Right-Handed World: Advice on determining hand dominance and on dealing with handwriting problems often encountered in left-handers.
- The Lefthanded Liberation Front: Site has webforum, merchandise for sale, humor, and other material.
- The Lefthanded Universe: Interesting facts and ideas about lefthandedness. (English - Nederlands - Deutsch)
- The Sinister Hand: Script of an Australian Broadcasting Corporation news feature on lefthandedness, particularly the biological origins of handedness.
- Web Guide: Left-Handed Golf: An exhaustive collection of links to websites providing information about left-handed golf technique, selling lefty clubs, or maintained by left-handed golfers' organizations.
- Weems is a Lefty!: Personal home page includes personal commentaries about various issues related to left-handedness, as well as links to other sites.
- When Left is Right: Left-Handed Toddlers: Advice for parents of young children.
- World of Handedness: Includes common superstitions about lefties, articles and personal accounts about switching handedness, famous lefthanders, on-line tests to assess your "sidedness," and other topics.
This category in other languages: