Search Home : Society : People : Women : Issues : Violence and Abuse : Domestic Violence : Medical Aspects
- A Patient Not Seen: The video covers health issues regarding prostituted women with an emphasis on assisting health care providers in recognizing and treating survivors of prostitution. Jill Leighton mixes personal testimony with statistical information from two highly recognized studies conducted by Ruth Parriott and Council for Prostitution Alternatives.
- AMA (CSA) Featured CSA ReportAMA Data on Violence Between Intimates (I-00)Full Text: Summary of data on violence between intimates,including elder abuse and child maltreatment.
- Abuse and Women with Disabilities: Center for Research on Women with Disabilities - Baylor College of Medicine
- All Walks Of Life - Home of STOP the violence to people with disabilities.: All Walks Of Life is a source for Prevention, Response and Research news on Violence To People with Disabilities.
- Case Studies in Partner Violence: American Academy of Family Physicians - December 1, 1999
- Corporate Alliance to End Partner Violence: A national non-profit organization with a mission to education and aid in the prevention of partner violence.
- Documenting Domestic Violence: How Health Care Providers Can Help Victims: A well documented medical record can strengthen domestic violence cases when they are brought to court. It constitutes third-party factual evidence corroborating or establishing that abuse has occurred and may be useful to pro se litigants in a variety of less formal legal contexts.
- Domestic Violence - Friday's Progress Notes - October 13, 2000: Identification, assessment, and prevention of domestic violence.
- Domestic Violence Brochure: A practical guide designed to assist physicians and other health care workers in helping victims of domestic violence.
- Domestic Violence CME Course: Online CME from the Virtual Lecture Hall: Offering truly interactive, online Continuing Medical Education (CME) courses and AMA Category 1 credits for physicians.
- Domestic Violence Health Program: Advocacy Project dedicated to help families and communities make informed decisions to improve their health and quality of life.
- Domestic Violence Information for Health Professionals: Assessment, screening and counseling information for health professionals sponsored by the Society of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists of Canada.
- Domestic Violence Project: The American Academy of Facial and Plastic Reconstructive Surgery and NCADV offer a 24-hour toll-free number for victims of domestic violence who are burdened with the physical scars located on the head and neck.
- Domestic Violence, Emedicine Free Online Medical Reference Textbook: Domestic Violence, emedicine free online medical reference textbooks definition.
- Family Violence Intervention: The Role of the Dental Team in Recognition and Referral
- Family and Domestic Violence - Resource manual for Family and Domestic Violence Protocols for Hospitals in WA: Comprehensive manual on screening and treatment issues in domestic violence for health care workers providing services to families in Western Australia
- Forensic Nursing Techniques: Information on screening for violence in a medical setting.
- Head Injury: A Risk for Wife Beating?: Crime Times Vol. 1, No. 1-2 , 1995
- Health Privacy Principles for Protecting Victims of Domestic Violence: Family Violence Prevention Fund - Adobat Acrobat format (PDF) file.
- Increasing Awareness about Possible Neurological Alterations in Brain Status Secondary to Intimate Violence: Article from the Brain Injury Association of America in PDF format.
- Medical/Legal Collaborations: Medical Records as Legal Evidence of Domestic Violence - Boston Medical Center Domestic Violence Project
- NYSDOH Guidelines for Integrating Domestic Violence Screening into HIV Counseling, Testing, Referral & Partner Notification: Public Health Forum - New York State Department of Health
- National Center for Injury Prevention and Control List of Fact Sheets: Very good listing of fact sheets domestic violence, child abuse, health risks of intimate violence.
- New England Journal of Medicine: Women's Health Topics: Collection of reviews, research articles and editorials related to women's health information.
- PREP: Role of EMS Personnel in Domestic Violence: Policy Resource and Education Paper
- Preventing Domestic Violence: Clinical Guidelines on Routine Screening on Routine Screening: Family Violence Prevention Fund: Routine screening for domestic violence is recommended in primary care, OB/GYN and family planning, emergency, in-patient, pediatrics, and mental health settings. The guidelines include intake forms, questionnaires, and documentation forms. (Adobe Reader needed.)
- Risk Factors for Injury to Women from Domestic Violence: Article - New England Journal of Medicine
- Screening for Family Violence: Guide to Clinical Preventive Services, Second Edition Mental Disorders and Substance Abuse. Columbia-Presbyterian Medical Center
- Stop the Violence, Break the Silence: From the Austin, Texas based SafePlace. Resources, training, statistics, and contact information on violence against persons with disabilities.
- The Role of the Pediatrician in Recognizing and Intervening on Behalf of Abused Women (RE9748): Pediatricians are in a position to recognize abused women in pediatric settings. Intervening on behalf of battered women is an active form of child abuse prevention. Knowledge of local resources and state laws for reporting abuse are emphasized. American Academy of Pediatrics
- Violence against women: The Impact on Reproductive Health and a Call for Action: from Planned Parenthood
- What Health Care Providers Can Do About Domestic Violence: Pullout Guide, Population Reports, Series L, Number 11 published by the Population Information Program, Center for Communication Programs, The Johns Hopkins School of Public Health