Search Home : Society : People : Women : Science and Technology
- Women-Related Science/Technology Sites: Extensive and frequently updated, Includes articles, sites, and projects concerned with information technology
- Conflict Training for Healthcare Professionals: Dr. Judith Briles site provides information on her work as an expert on conflict and sabotage in female dominated workplaces.
- Engineer Girl: Site intended for girls that highlights opportunities in engineering careers in the United States. Includes links, profiles of women engineers, and interactive features.
- Equal Opportunities: Athena Report and Action Plan: About University of Oxford efforts to increase the representation of women scientists.
- FWE - Forum for Women Entrepreneurs: Entrepreneurial organization for women founding and building high-growth technology and life science companies.
- Gender, Science, and Technology Gateway: Global web portal presented by the UN Commission on Science and Technology for Development (UNCSTD). Resources, publications, and policy recommendations pertaining to sustainable development.
- GirlGeeks: Career site for women in information technology, providing access to jobs, mentors, training and career development resources to help techy women get ahead.
- Global Alliance for Diversifying the Science and Engineering Workforce: United States government initiative for increasing the participation of women in the science and engineering workforce worldwide and supporting other underrepresented groups. Events, reports, projects, profiles of prominent women, and links.
- Institute For Women And Technology: Think tank for investigating how technology should be developed for maximum accessibility and usefulness to women.
- Institute for Women in Trades, Technology & Science: Dedicated to integrating women into nontraditional careers by providing training/technical assistance to the education system and employers.
- Is the Glass Half Full?: Women in science. From Scientific American.
- Maria Mitchell Women in Science Award: Information about an annual award recognizing an individual, program, or organization in the United States that encourages the advancement of girls and women in science. The award is sponsored by the Maria Mitchell Association.
- National Academy of Sciences - Committee on Women in Science and Engineering: Serves as a national focus to advocate action for increasing the participation of women in the science and engineering workforce.
- Networks of Women Scientists: List of networks of women scientists in Europe.
- PDK Poster Project: Project by Pam Kivelson that creates paintings and photography to promote in women and girls an awareness and appreciation of science, mathematics, and technology, with a focus on careers in those fields.
- Pi Zine: A paper zine published by women who stand outside the social norm. Includes issue exerpts and publication information.
- PlanetGrrl: For and by women and grrls in the UK in or interested in new media and technology and other grrl stuff.
- Strategies of Inclusion: Gender and the Information Society: European research project by 5 leading universities on current state of women and ICTs, from use through careers to design.
- Tapping the Talent: An agenda for action for business to increase the talent available to them by encouraging more young women into science, engineering and technology.
- The Daphne Jackson Trust: Enables scientists, engineers and IT specialists to return to work in the UK after a career break.
- The Hypatia Institute: Dedicated to gender equity in physics, astronomy, and the sciences in general; with resources for students, teachers, and scientists.
- WITIA: Women in the Information Age: The Women in the Information Age Project at Harvard University's John F. Kennedy School of Government (KSG) addresses gender issues and technology (including representation in the development and use of today's key technologies). Professor Jane Foundation's Kennedy School research draws together a representative collection of quality sites which add value to this discussion.
- Why Are There So Few Women in Science?: Online debates. Provides extensive background information and participant comments.
- Women Into Science and Technology: Aims to attract and retain women in mathematics and science courses and careers through a multi-level activity and mentoring program.
- Women and Girls Tech Up: Encourages women and girls and the organizations which serve them to use technology to share ideas, opinions, support, creativity and political action.
- Women and Science: An EU initiative for research by, for, and about women. Part of the Socio-Economic Knowledge Base and Improving the Human Research Potential programs.
- Women in European Universities: The programme located at Münster University, Germany, aims at assessing the professional status of women in academia and at analysing the reasons for the under-representation in positions of authority in Universities. Presentation of the participants, contact information, a timetable and documents for download.
- Women in Natural Resources: Magazine designed and written by and for women in forestry, fisheries, wildlife, range, recreation, soils, and the environmental and social sciences as they relate to natural resources.
- Women in SET: UK `resource` centre to promote women in science, engineering and technology. Provides support, statistics, database of role models and speakers.
- Women in Science: Encourages the access of women to science, learning and the world of research.
- Women in Science, Engineering and Technology: UK Government site promoting SET (Science, Engineering and Technology) for women. To support women in fulfilling and rewarding careers in higher education, industry and teaching,
- Women in Technology International: Provides visitors with news, career opportunities, articles and information to empower women through technology.
- Women in Technology Project: Vermont Technical College's project to encourage young women in middle school and high school to study math, science and technology. Lots of links.
- Women in Weather: Providing a support structure for and opening communications between women throughout the worldwide meteorological community, focusing on the particular concerns of women.
- Women of NASA: Profiles, events, archives.
- Women on Women: A support `group` for women in science.
- Women's Initiatives Committee: The Women's Initiatives Committee of the American Institute of Chemical Engineers (AIChE) aims to assist AIChE in taking a leadership role in promoting the entry, development and full participation of women in the Institute and the profession.
- Women-Related Science/Technology Email Lists: Frequently-updated, annotated listing of women-related e-mail lists that focus on science and/or technology.