Search Home : Society : Philanthropy : Organizations : Child Welfare
- United Nations Children's Fund: Works for the survival, development and protection of children, guided in its programs by the Convention on the Rights of the Child. A very comprehensive website.
- AIM-China: A non-profit volunteer organization that raises funds to provide medical aid, better nutrition, immunizations, Hugging Grannies, foster care and learning materials for the children who remain in China's orphanages.
- Africamix Collective Volunteer Pledge for Needy Children: Traveling arts and music festival organized to help combat child abuse and neglect.
- Angels' Arms: Aims to provide a nurturing temporary `group` home for difficult to place foster children. Helps children with their fears and discomfort in times of change. A St. Louis based non-profit organization.
- Asociacion Casa Guatemala: An shelter in Guatemala for orphaned, abandoned, or abused children. Information about their activities, projects and supporters. Includes details of their needs, and on volunteering.
- Child Welfare - Suite 101: Dedicated to sharing articles, links and more regarding child welfare, as well as adoption and foster care.
- Children's Miracle Network: Helps kids by raising funds and awareness for 170 children's hospitals throughout North America.
- Children's Water Fund: Providing clean, disease-free water systems to families otherwise forced to drink disease-invested water in Africa.
- Children, Seeds of Peace: Has a goal to reach the children of Afghanistan. Aim is to establish a connection between children in America to children in Afghanistan.
- Clothes Helping Kids: Organization that collects clothing and uses the proceeds to fund grants to Save the Children and community-based organizations.
- Educate the Children: Conducts educational and community development projects in Nepal.
- Foundation for the Children: Small organization describes its educational projects for disadvantaged children in South America.
- Friends Orphanage Project: An evangelical Christian ministry of Cornertone Miracle Center Church which seeks to provide for the basic needs of AIDS/HIV orphaned children in Uganda. Statement of faith and photograph gallery included.
- Gift of Life: Rotary International Service Program helping needy children worldwide who require corrective heart surgery.
- Global Care International Children's Charity: British charity supporting many small NGOs worldwide. Site contains information on programs, donation opportunities and contact forms.
- Global Help for Humanity: Works at preventing new HIV infections, especially among youth and others at high risk of infection, and helping communities provide care and support for the children, families and communities affected by HIV/AIDS.
- Help Afghan School Children Org.: Helping new Afghan returnees from Pakistan and Iran to send their children into school.
- HopeHIV: A charity supporting AIDS orphans in Africa. Includes news, projects, FAQ, and related information.
- International Care and Relief: Devoted to providing help in crisis situations with long term care and aid with the emphasis on self help, health care, educational support for children in need.
- Jyoti Children's Development Foundation, Inc.: Supports and educates handicapped children in India.
- Michael and Susan Dell foundation: Seeks out opportunities to support or develop programs that address our five essential focus areas: children’s health, education, safety, youth development and early childhood care.
- Millennium Childrens Fund: U.S.A. and international humanitarian relief for children in the areas of medical, literacy, child abuse, famine, AIDS, slavery, diseases, vaccinations, factory workers, female genital mutilation.
- Newborns in Need: Organized to care of sick and needy babies and their families.
- Reach Out: An unofficial organization through high schools across America that is dedicated to various acts of service to children worldwide. Promote activities such as sponsoring children, creating a correspondence with them, and raising money for victims of natural disasters.
- SOS Children's Villages: International child welfare organisation providing long term care for orphans and children in need. Accepts online onations.
- Save the Children: An international children's charity based in the UK which supports both emergency and long-term relief and development projects. Site offers information about areas of activity, giving, events, and current projects.
- Shoes for Orphan Souls: Non-profit organization formed to collect and distribute new shoes and medicine for children around the world. Includes background, and donation information.
- Springs For Life Foundation: Creating opportunities for underprivileged and at-risk youth. Founded by Seattle Seahawk's Shawn Springs.
- Stand For Children: Building a powerful, grassroots citizen voice to ensure all children have the opportunity to grow up healthy, educated, and safe.
- The Brooke Foundation: Provides education, information, resources and support to individuals and families with children coping with physical and mental disabilities.
- US Fund for UNICEF: Works for the survival, protection, and development of all children worldwide through education, advocacy, and fundraising.
- Whizz-Kidz: Children's charity helping disabled children throughout the UK. Kids charity providing mobility aids (wheelchairs, walking aids) to kids.
This category in other languages: