Search Home : Society : Philanthropy : Organizations
- ALNAP: Active Learning Network for Accountability and Performance in Humanitarian Action: An international interagency forum working to improve the quality and accountability of humanitarian action.
- Active 20/30 International: Membership-based service organization for young adults between the ages of 20 and 39. Provides young adults with an opportunity for personal growth, friendships, and leadership development while improving the quality of life for the special needs children in its community.
- Aid Workers Network: Practical advice for field workers in development and relief.
- Aid to Southeast Asia: Aid to Southeast Asia is a people-to-people, international aid project contributing to world peace and respect for human rights.
- All Crafts for Charity: Facilitates volunteering to charities all over the world through fabric arts. Free patterns, free advice and lists of agencies in need of hand made donations.
- Association of Community Organizations for Reform Now (ACORN): Community organization which aims to win power for low and moderate families. It's aims are to gain better housing for first time homebuyers and tenants, securing living wages for low-wage workers, more investment in communities from banks and governments, and better public schools.
- CFC Today: News and information about the Combined Federal Campaign, a workplace giving network of US federal government employees which supports local, national and international charities.
- Cabrillo Civic Clubs of California: Founded by Californians of Portuguese ancestry in honor of compatriot, John Rodrigues Cabrillo, discoverer of California. The Clubs have many charitable activities including blood drives, fund raising for polio and cancer research, assisting candidates for U.S. citizenship, and, providing college scholarships for students of Portuguese descent.
- Canstruction: A national charity of the design and construction industry created by the Society of Design Administration.
- Catholic Institute for International Relations: A charity working to eradicate poverty and injustice internationally.
- Christmas Connection: Volunteer organization bringing clothes, food and toys to needy Oklahoma County, Oklahoma residents at Christmas time. Contains donation form, event listing and contact information.
- Citizens Memorial: Dedicated to the average citizen, whether rich or poor, who has performed some heroic deed.
- Daniel Pearl Foundation: Promotes cross-cultural understanding through journalism and music. Provides overviews of current initiatives, projects, and events along with organization leadership information.
- Emmaus International: Secular international movement of solidarity for justice based on communities that take in people who are marginalized or wounded by life. Multilingual english/french/spanish.
- Farm Aid: The mission is to provide assistance to poor and needy families in rural farming communities and to draw attention to the needs of such families and to raise funds to relieve those needs.
- Foundation For A Better Life: A foundation working to communicate the ethical values that it believes make a difference such as such as honesty, caring, optimism, hard work, and helping others.
- Global Giving: Enables individuals and companies to find and support high-impact, grassroots social and economic development projects around the world.
- InGratia.org: Site for people to thank those that have helped. Read stories of heros and give to charities that help them. Let us all receive gratitude!
- Journal of Humanitarian Assistance: Features articles on early warning and emergency provision, as well as post-conflict peace-building and the transition to development.
- Light-a-Candle Foundation: A charitable foundation devoted to feeding, clothing and blessing those organizations and individuals in need.
- MGM MIRAGE Voice Foundation: Information about a foundation enabling opportunities for emloyeees as volunteers in the community. Site also has information on a programme to give grants to organizations who have employees who have given over a certain number of hours of voluntary time.
- NGO Global Network: Site with links to non-governmental organizations associated with the United Nations.
- NGOnews.org: An online venue for NGOs and NGO professionals around the world to provide equal opportunity to publish their news and discuss related issues.
- National 211 Collaborative: The national 2-1-1 initiative seeks to reserve these three digits nationwide as quick, easy to remember telephone number for finding human services answers.
- Northwestern University Settlement Association: A social service organization serving the northwest side of Chicago. Emergency services offered are energy payment assistance, food pantry, and holiday gifts. Other services include after-school youth programs, AmeriCorps, fine arts, resident camping, and a charter high school.
- Online Volunteers Collective: Volunteers collective using virtual space for collaborative voluntary projects on social justice issues worldwide.
- Pak Human Resources Development Organization: Aimed at socio-economic uplift of poor and disadvantaged people, especially women, from backward rural areas in Pakistan, through their technical education, skill development and vocational training.
- ReliefWeb: United Nations website providing information to humanitarian relief organizations. Updated daily. There is also a directory of non-governmental organizations. The website is a project of the United Nations Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs (OCHA).
- Royal Humane Society of Australasia: Nominates awards for acts of bravery and provides funds to those disadvantaged or physically handicapped by their gallant actions.
- Sarvodaya Organization Homepage: A movement in Sri Lanka involved in development and reconstuction, active in thousands of villages in all regions of the country, commanding the services of hundreds of thousands of volunteers and trained workers.
- Save Juarez Project: Organization requesting donations to provide female factory workers in Mexico's "Killing Fields" with safety items & self-defense at the maquiladoras where missing women used to work.
- SecretSmiles: Organization in New York for helping families to overcome hardship by giving gifts.
- Share With The Other L..A.: Hunger emergency is a consortium of poverty relief groups and public officials whose goal is to mobilize the public to end the poverty crisis in L.A. County.
- The Karen Hilltribes Trust: A Thai registered charity, and called in Thai "Ruamkanpattana Foundation" was established 1985 to provide a vehicle for the Karen hill tribes of Thailand participate and manage their own socio-economic development. work covers following areas: Provision pure drinking water Trust working with the Karen people of north west Thailand to help them develop their own social, educational and economic infrastructure.
- Tibet Poverty Alleviation Fund: U.S.-based organization which funds poverty alleviation programs in rural Tibet.
- Topix.net: Charitable Organizations: News about charitable organizations, collected from various sources on the web.
- WorkerAnts: Directories of health, development, environmental, volunteering, education and other charity/activist causes. Includes links to resources.
This category in other languages: