Search Home : Society : Philosophy : Ethics : Applied : Bioethics
- AIDS in Africa - Ethics, Law, Society: This site covers ethical, legal, social issues of HIV/AIDS in AFRICA (focus on South Africa). Folders cover patients, health care professionals, `resource` allocation, research, IPR and other issues.
- Affordable access to essential medication in developing countries: conflicts between ethical and economic imperatives: Review article by U Schuklenk and RE Ashcroft on ethical issues of drug pricing in developing countries and the consequences of intellectual property rights (patents) on access to essential drugs in such societies.
- Affymetrix Resources: Genetics and Society: Affymetrix believes informed public discussion will help ensure that beneficial uses of genetic information are available to society.
- Algorithm: Rapid Approach to Ethical Problems: How should clinicians approach an ethical dilemma when they have little time to ponder or to seek consultation? This proven method works.
- American - National Reference Center for BioEthics Literature: A specialised collection of books, journals, newspaper articles, legal materials, regulations, codes, government publications, and other relevant documents concerned with issues in biomedical and professional ethics. The world's largest collection related to ethical issues in medicine and biomedical research.
- American Society of Bioethics and Humanities: Professional society of individuals, organizations, and institutions interested in bioethics and humanities.
- Australasian Bioethics Information: Resources on bioethics issues, including a weekly news digest of the latest bioethics news from around the world.
- Bioethics Division at Wits University: Wits University Faculty of Health Sciences Bioethics Division. Resources section (links). Editorial offices of the journals BIOETHICS and DEVELOPING WORLD BIOETHICS. Contact details.
- Bioethics Research Group @ NTNU: interdisciplinary research group:ethical challenges of modern medical technology and biotechnology, prenatal screening, postnatal screening, euthanasia, medicalization, risk-perception and genetically modified food.
- Bioethics Website at Charles Sturt University: The main bioethics teaching site for students at Charles Sturt University. Visitors are welcome to browse the public pages.
- Bioethics, Inc.: Commercial organisation providing bioethics, clinical ethics, research ethics consultancy services.
- Bioethics.net: Broad overview of historical & current moral issues in the fields of medical treatment & research, from the U. of Penn. Includes news, headlines, articles, upcoming events.
- Bioethics: a fully online introductory course by Dr. Tom Kerns: The bioethics of clinical medical practice, medical research, health care ethics, public health, and human rights are dealt with in this course.
- Bioetica en la Red: Spanish language bioethics site, documentation, news, books,
- Biomedical Ethics: Newsletter of the European Network for Biomedical Ethics. Subscription information, and one online issue.
- Biomedical Ethics in the Cancer Ward: Reflections on Biomedical Ethics in the Cancer Ward from a Patient's Perspective
- Biotechnology Governance Forum: This site provides comprehensive information about the science, policy, and ethical aspects of research and experimentation on the early stages of human life.
- Breaking Bioethics News: the latest issues and commentary (at MSNBC).
- Case Western Reserve University's Center for Biomedical Ethics: Mission is to improve public and professional understanding of the ethical issues involved in health sciences research, healthcare delivery, and health policy development - through teaching, conducting research and stimulating community dialogue.
- Case: Practicing and Teaching on the Newly Dead: Case commentary on a controversial topic. Should newly dead bodies be used to teach medical practitioners skills that can be used to save others?
- Case: Rights of Minors: Case commentary on a common dilemma. When can and must children be treated without parental consent?
- Center for Bioethics and Health Law, University of Pittsburgh: Information on joint degree, graduate and continuing education in Bioethics and Health Law.
- Center for Bioethics and Human Dignity: Provides news, information, and other resources on bioethics. Analysis from a Christian perspective.
- Centre for Bio-Ethics and Health Law: Centre for Bio-Ethics and Health Law is an independent academic institute offering short-term advice and research; it organises courses and provides training sessions. Within the Centre veterinarians and ethicists work together in areas of applied ethics and education and in judicial research.
- Centre for Human Bioethics: Monash University's One-Stop bioethics site. Bioethics degree programs, Bioethics Resources Centre Center, Bioethics research.
- Council of Europe Bioethics Division: European Bioethics Convention, Human Rights & Biomedicine human cloning, organ transplantation, biomedical research, human embryo & foetus, human genetics, xenotransplantation,
- Department of Medical Humanities, East Carolina University: Research, education programs, newsletter, and internet links in the area of medical ethics.
- Ethics Updates: Literature on Bioethics, Cloning, and Reproductive Technologies: Links to a variety of papers, events, case studies, and Internet resources.
- Ethics of Organ Transplants: A discussion of the ethical issues of organ transplants.
- EthicsCommittee.ca -- Resources for Hospital Ethics Committees: Canadian clearinghouse for resources related to hospital ethics committees.
- French National Consultative Bioethics Committee: all the opinions, recommendations and reports, in english, published by the Committee
- Glasgow University Medical Ethics Debating Society: Contains information about the Glasgow University Medical Ethics Debating Society. Organisational website with no informative bioethics content beyond that relating to the debating club.
- Industrial Hygiene Code of Conduct: American Board of Industrial Hygiene Ethics Code. May 1995
- Institute of Human Values in Health Care: At the Medical University of South Carolina: an interdisciplinary `group` of scholars whose mission is to bring a more philosophical approach to medicine.
- International Association of Bioethics: official website of this international bioethics umbrella organisation, hosted at the University of the Philippines.
- International Center for Bioethics, Culture and Disability: Extensive site on bioethics, particularly as pertaining to the rights of disabled people.
- International Center for Technology Assessment: Devoted to study of and remedies for the ethical problems of Patents on life and human body parts.
- International Network for Life Studies: Japanese bioethicist's views on life and death issues, and environmental ethics.
- Islamic Views on Medical Ethics: Islamic views on many medical ethics issues including organ donation, cloning, euthanasia, abortion , fertility, sex change operations.
- MacLean Center for Clinical Medical Ethics: A center devoted to teaching future clinical ethicists.
- Markkula Center for Applied Ethics: Ethics Center at Santa Clara University, offers articles, cases, and dialogue in all fields of applied ethics. Focus on: Biotechnology and Health Care Ethics, Character Education, Business Ethics, Government Ethics, Global Ethical Leadership, and Technology Ethics.
- MedWebPlus: Bioethics: exhaustive collection of links for Bioethics.
- Medical Ethics: Markkula Center for Applied Ethics.
- MedicalEthics.ca - Medical Ethics Resources: Clearinghouse for resources related to medical (i.e., physician) ethics.
- National Bioethics Advisory Commission: Commission created by Presidential Executive order #12975 (10/3/1995).
- National Information Resource on Ethics & Human Genetics: Compilation of links, journals and other publications that offer research about the ethical and moral aspects of applying genetic knowledge to humans.
- Neonatology And Rights Of Families: NAROF gives voice to parents and professionals critical of current practices in neonatology. A `resource` to gain insight into the human cost of raising survivors of neonatal research and practice.
- NursingEthics.ca: Canadian nursing ethics website. Highly informative and professional.
- Pheromones, Bioethics and Biotechnology: "Science Friday" audio discussion with Charles Greer, Arthur Caplan, and Susanna Priest on public attitudes about biotechnology research around the world and on the identification of a human gene linked to pheromones. Features related links.
- Philosophy, Medical Ethics and Society: site deals with new developments in bioethics and medical ethics, offers texts and information about conferences and workshops on ethical aspects of the life sciences.
- Provincial Health Ethics Network (Alberta, Canada): Non-profit Canadian organization dedicated to providing bioethics resources including distance education, Bioethics Week, video and book library, sample advance directives, bioethics articles database, video reviews, workshops and periodicals.
- Reflections on Biomedical Ethics in the Cancer Ward: A cancer patient discusses the issues of informed consent, patient autonomy, quality of life and human dignity.
- S I B L E at Sheffield: Sheffield Institute of Biotechnological Law and Ethics at the University of Sheffield, an inter-faculty institute created to bring together the disparate and wide range of expertise in this area.
- Starting Points in Health Care Ethics / Bioethics: These pages provide suggested readings as a starting point in learning about bioethics / health care ethics.
- Stem Cells in Biomedicine... with a Flavor of Bioethics: An introduction to stem cells research from both biomedicine 's and bioethics 's points of view.
- Synaptic Clog: A weblog maintained to examine current ethical issues in medicine and health.
- The Center for Bioethics: Interdisciplinary unit of the University of Pennsylvania Health System in Philadelphia, dedicated to advancing scholarly and public understanding of ethical, legal, social and public policy issues in health care.
- The National Rural Bioethics Project: The National Rural Bioethics Project aims to identify ethics-related issues that face rural healthcare providers, and to devolop and provide appropriate and relevant resources and materials that help resolve such issues.
- The Religious Consultation on Population, Reproductive Health and Ethics: Large collection of commentaries on a wide range of topics by an international, multi-faith network of progressive feminist religious scholars and leaders.
- U S Supreme Court Petition: Whether human-made elements of primary life structures that define the essence of this Court's vaguely defined non-viable (fetus) patentable subject matter under 35 U.S.C.
- UNESCO: The International Bioethics Committee of UNESCO: The UNESCO IBC is one of many international bodies dealing with the subject of bioethics. This site contains mostly minutes of this forums meetings and various more or less important resolutions.
- University of Toronto Joint Centre for Bioethics: Excellent bioethics resources site, with dedicated link pages to Women's Health, Genetics & Ethics, and End-of-life decision making.
- e-Medical-Ethics.com: Information about medical and research ethics, history, oaths and declarations.
This category in other languages: