Search Home : Society : Philosophy : Philosophy of Science : Physics
- A New Kind of Science - critical review: Detailed and critical review by Ray Kurzweil of the book by Stephen Wolfram.
- A New Kind of Science by Stephen Wolfram: Science from the point of view of complex systems: from the origins of apparent randomness in physical systems, to the development of complexity in biology.
- Consciousness, Life and Meaning: Essay on evolution and consciousness by Piero Scaruffi.
- Digital Philosophy -- Discrete Physics: Assuming that all quantities, including space and time, are finite and discrete.
- Event-Symmetric Space-Time: Book by Philip Gibbs, full text online, regards spacetime as a set of discrete events.
- Events in History of Physics: Time-lines of thermodynamics, electromagnetism, and symmetry. With links to other time-lines and resources.
- Experiment in Physics: On the uses, value, and epistomelogy of experiment. By Allan Franklin, University of Colorado.
- Identity and Individuality in Quantum Theory: Assesses the metaphysical implications of quantum theory by considering the impact of the theory on our understanding of objects as individuals with well defined identity conditions. From the Stanford Encyclopedia, by Steven French.
- Kuhn's Structure of Scientific Revolutions: Crucial chapter from Kuhn's famous book outlining how sciences is forced to go through a paradigm-shift, and see the world in terms of a new theory and new concepts.
- MathPages: Physics: Collection of essays, not always orthodox, but always lucid, on historical and important current issues in mathematics and physics.
- Philosophical Foundations of Physics by R. Carnap: Positivist view of Physics, which had influenced the Copenhagen Interpretation of the Quantum mechanics (CI).
- Philosophy and Foundations: A collection of links, from Norman Redington at MIT.
- Philosophy of Physics: A collection of articles and notes from Soshichi Uchii, at Kyoto University.
- Physics Time-Line: From the Copernican Revolution to superstrings, a chronology of more than 500 of the greatest discoveries in natural philosophy.
- PhysicsWeb - This is Your Philosophy: Are physicists realists? - results of a poll.
- Quantum Quackery: Skeptical overview of QM and consciousness connection.
- Review of "The Emperor's New Mind", by Roger Penrose: His exploration is so much more serious philosophically than almost anything that has been done since Einstein and Schrodinger
- Robert Rosen - Understanding Life and Physics: A `resource` site on the works of Robert Rosen, who showed that biological systems demonstrate complexities and physics beyond the strictures of Newtonian mechanics.
- Science, Pseudoscience and Society: Papers by Feynman on paranormal 'sciences', Sokal Affair (use of pseudo-physics in social sciences), critique of Kuhn. Also a collection of links.
- Shakespeare and Thermodynamics - Dam the Second Law!: What the second law of thermodynamics is all about, and how it is constantly 'dammed' or blocked by activation energy
- Space and Time: Inertial Frames: On the frames of reference relative to which motion and rest are measured; by Robert DiSalle.
- Symmetry in Physics: Group of motions determines the conservation laws - the fundamental principles of physics.
- The Bactra Reviews: A set of book and article reviews, not limited to physics.
- The Mind of God: A review of Paul Davies' exposition of foundational philosophical issues.
- Wikipedia - EPR Paradox: On the experiment to show that a measurement performed on one part of a quantum system can have an instantaneous effect on the result of a measurement performed on another part.