Search Home : Society : Politics : Alternative Political Systems
- Beyond Capitalism: Advocating a mixed economy with elements of private, community and state ownership with weak property rights and the abolition of most intellectual property rights.
- Blueprint for a New Confederation: Presents a constitutional framework applying the rational self-interest model and the market mechanisms of modern economics to intra and inter-governmental behaviour, based on a paper published by the Fremskrittspartiets Utredningsinstitutt.
- Build Freedom: Personal calculators demonstrating the power of freedom.
- Community Communism: A proposal for a new form of communism that protects individual, property, and economic rights; that seek to impose limits on corporate entities. Proposes to create an egalitarian world through a global government which is composed of local governments.
- Constitutional Theory Through Practice: Advocates a proposed new constitution for the U.S. with strictly limited powers and a novel organization loosely based on English parliamentary democracy.
- Evolutionist Order: A proposed system featuring a career "politician class" and popular party, influenced by Plato, Marx, democracy, and other philosophies.
- Fair Choice: Promotes a voting system giving more weight to votes of poorer people.
- Foundation: The Omega Project: Joseph George Caldwell's articles arguing for the establishment of an ecologically sustainable New World Order.
- Freetimea Project: Project to create a new social/political/economic system that will peacefully supercede nations and form the basis for a new global civilization.
- Global Leadership: Proposes to prepare humanity for an "approaching paradigm shift from fragmented nationalistic societies to a cohesive global civilization," ~ "based on peace and justice for all."
- Global Supranationalism: A political movement advocating overcoming all nationalism and the creation a global government.
- Human-Scale Reformation: Proposals to improve systems of organization (political, economic, and social) by making them more personal and human-scale. Includes outlines of the Human Assembly, EMIT Money Standard, Rental Ecology, Support For All, and Living Freedom Mission.
- Innovations in Democracy: Collecting and sharing concepts, ideas and information about empowering the governed to self-determination. Offers a large list of sites which propose various means to more democratic systems.
- InstantRunoff.com: Advocatesranking candidates on election ballots, with the goal of eliminating the 'wasted' vote or 'spoiler' candidacy.
- Institut of Social Threefolding: The threefolding aims to achieve constitutional reorganization of society and an accurate allocation of social phenomena, through the concept of a differentiation of society into the fields of cultural sphere, economic sphere and rights sphere.
- Joan Bardina Studies Center: Political and economic proposals based on transparent markets, global and universal telematic currency, and basic income.
- Matters Concerning His Lawful Assembly: Advocates a Christian Jural society, in which the chief governmental is the county Grand Jury. Provides related links and essays.
- Meritocracy: Discusses a philosophy of merit politics and governance, defined as absence of consideration of race, sex, age, religion, or sexual orientation under the law.
- Oligarchy - The Utopian System: An article, with pictures, about the system of government of the city state of Venice, which was one of the best places in the world for ordinary people to live for over 1100 years.
- Panarchy: A gateway to original texts and documents on panarchy, polyarchy, and anarchy in English, French, Italian, and German. Includes related libertarian and anarchist links.
- Participatory Economics Project: Proposes a new type of economy as an alternative to contemporary capitalism.
- Polyarchy: Advocates "the multiplication of centres and the empowerment of people - going beyond the ideologies of statism and capitalism."
- Promethean Movement: Working for conditions of true freedom and diverse individuality. "Promethea opposes nationalism, racism, and other collectivist myths, in the interest of human potential."
- Reformist: A centre for collaborative development of proposals for the reformation of government, legal systems, economic and trade structures and school syllabuses
- School of Cooperative Individualism: Explores the principles of cooperative individualism, as developed by Thomas Paine, Henry George and other champions of liberty. Included is an extensive library of reference materials and an internal search engine on political economy.
- Second Magna Carta: A project organized around the theories advanced in the publication, "The Inevitable Decline and Fall of Empire" by Errol Nelson.
- Stewardship: Advocates and explains theory of stewardship. Provides links to current stewardship projects, research, and positions on current issues.
- Sullivan, Dan: Geolibertarian home page: Includes an introduction to the geolibertarianism.
- The U.S. Government: Essays on democracy, reform and the United States government.
- Tychiformation: A proposed new system to shape the future of civilization through application of systematic planning processes that involve direct public participation, from an anynomous urban planner's perspective.
- Vivant: A political movement of Belgian origin advocating basic income as a next step in the social development of countries.
- World Prosperity: Network of sites with propositions for reform in education, health, government, and other areas.