Search Home : Society : Politics : Democracy : Direct Democracy
- A Proposal for Direct Democracy: Essay by Robert Paul Wolff on direct democracy. Excerpted from his 1970 article 'In Defense of Anarchism'.
- Beyond Plutocracy - True Democracy for America: Hosts the entire content of a full-length free book presenting a redesign of the American government.
- Calling for an American Constitutional Amendment for Voter Initiatives and Referenda: Voter Initiatives Assembly to manage, process and select Initiatives. Nationwide Electorate to vote on Initiatives at elections. Constitutional safeguards to protect Assembly from improper influence.
- Coalition for National Referendum: Organization which seeks to use a national referendum to resolve divisive issues in the United States.
- Congress of International Direct Democracy: Participants from 14 nations around the world. Many participated as individual citizens of their countries while others represented a variety of universities or institutions devoted to improving democracy in their lands or across national boundaries.
- DDemocracy Meeting Place: Large list of direct democracy sites arranged by country, with new URL's added by visitors; resources on voting systems and theories; message board.
- Defacto Elective Voters Of a True Equal Democracy (DEVOTED): Supports a constitutional amendment using existing technology to allow citizens to vote directly in the law making process.
- Democracy: Details aspects of democracy that are anathema to modern day politicians.
- Democracy 2.0: Political science research project advocating direct democracy and principles at local and state levels of government in the United States. Links to supporting historical and current documents. Also includes a discussion board.
- Democracy and The Personal Representative: Advocates direct democracy and criticizes the present Canadian polity. Offers proposals for reform and reconstruction in the areas of constitutional bodies, rights, and participation.
- Democracy and the personal representative: A proposal to reform Canadian government institutions, making all legislation subject to a Direct Democratic Parliament of 100 percent of the people of Canada aged over 18 who choose to participate.
- Direct Access Democracy: Proposes a form of direct democracy in which voting is done in small groups, the results of which are binding upon elected representatives. Site also provides an overview of strengths and weaknesses of representative and direct democracy and an illustration of DAD.
- Direct Democracy - Wikipedia: Encyclopedia-style description of the term "direct democracy" with links for further research.
- Direct Democracy Campaign (DDC): Campaigning for government by referendum in the UK and elsewhere in the world. Provides proposals, opinion articles, and news on the status of direct democracy.
- Direct Democracy Center: Proposes a Constitutional Amendment to enfranchise all Americans into the political process through an electronic polling system connected to every home. Contains a repository of information about and links to other efforts to empower all of "The People."
- Direct Democracy Forum: Message boards, mailing lists, and other networking resources for direct democracy supporters and activists.
- Direct Democracy International: An international UK-based `group` set up to campaign for the introduction of direct democracy worldwide.
- Direct Democracy League (DDL): Advocates national and state level constitutional renewal in the United States to meld direct democracy institutions with representative institutions. Documents and links.
- Direct Votes: Provides links and contact information for parties and organizations supportive of direct democracy in the UK.
- Global Referendum: Provides an interface to collect online votes verified by deliverable e-mail addresses on global issues.
- I&R: Citizens' Initiative and Referendum: Proposals and campaign resources for direct democracy such as citizens' initiative, referendum, and recall in Great Britain and Northern Ireland.
- Initiative Watch: A project to advance conservatism and freedom through initiatives and other direct democracy methods in the U.S.
- Initiative and Referendum Institute: Non-profit non-partisan research and educational organization dedicated to the expansion of the initiative and referendum process in the US.
- Movement for Direct Democracy: Describes reasons for change, thoughts on strategy, and a schematic for voting by digital telephone.
- National Initiative For Democracy: Seeks a Constititutional amendment to establish a "Legislature of the People" in the United States. Describes rationale and basic principles, outlines action plan, and links to activism resources.
- People's Government: PGOV is the "Triple Law" campaign, to prohibit money for political campaigns; to monitor to protect public office; to allow people to repeal any law. Candidates will campaign primarily for a "triple law on government", will resign when the triple law is passed, and be uncorrupted by avoiding and opposing private media for election publicity. Opposes corrupt and fraudulent democracy. PGOV espouses direct democratic and anarchist or libertarian and antiwar principles, but throws some odd statements into the immigration and religion topics!
- Policybusters: A public forum proposed to democratize the character of policy-making and organizing around issues of public policy and culture in the United States.
- QUALIA V: The Quantum Physics and Sociology of Participatory Democracy.: Father Jerome talks about spirituality and consciousness and relates Einsteinian principles to participatory democracy.
- ReDemocracy: Seeks a five-year trial where the authority of ONLY the non-emergency powers of ONLY the U.S. House of Representatives is vested in the people through periodic electronic, phone and absentee or USPS mail voting.
- Revolutionary Committees Movement: Direct Democracy and a unique brand of socialism in the 'Third Universal Theory' according to Moammar Kadhafi (Mu'ammar al-Qadhafi), the "Great Socialist People's Libyan Arab Jamahiriya" and worldwide and African Mathaba.
- Teledemocracy Action News Network: A global organization primarily dedicated use of modern technologies in all forms that directly empower citizens to have input into political systems at all levels of governance around the world.
- The Peoples Democracy: Quotes from the USA founding fathers on democratic and constitutional principles and a set of positive and plainly stated proposals to reform American political infrastructure providing better democracy and government.
- Voting By Phone: A non-profit organization devoted to educating the public about direct democracy. Solutions include voting on laws and candidates by internet and telephone.
- Why Doesn't the Government Respond to the Participating Public?: British article detailing the reasons why public participation in liberal democracies does not result in public influence. Recommends two models of participation to ensure influence.
This category in other languages: