Search Home : Society : Politics : Liberalism : Libertarianism : Institutes
- Cato Institute: Thousands of economic studies and articles available online, as well as streaming audio and video of institute events. Site updated daily.
- Acton Institute for the Study of Religion and Liberty: Promoters of a free society informed by religious faith and moral absolutes.
- Adam Ferguson Institute: An Ohio based policy institute supporting the voluntary, therefore peaceful, development of a free, beneficent, and prosperous civil society.
- Adam Smith Institute: UK policy institute supporting free market economy.
- Atlantic Institute for Market Studies: AIMS is an Atlantic Canadian libertarian institute with papers, opinions, and advice on reform.
- Atlas Economic Research Foundation: Offers events, workshops, and courses.
- Cascade Policy Institute: Oregon's free-market think tank. Publications and Commentaries on many topics including, environmental issues, health care, economics and fiscal policies, and civil rights, just to name a few.
- Central Massachusetts Liberty Coalition: Central Massachusetts based pro-liberty political education organization.
- Centre for Independent Studies: Australian institute advocating libertarian reforms through publications.
- Centre for the New Europe: An European institute supporting classical liberal ideas.
- Competitive Enterprise Institute: Publications on its research in free-enterprise, as well as internships.
- Dumont Institute for Public Policy Research: New Jersey based free market think tank that conducts research in economics, law, accounting international trade, and ethics.
- Ethan Allen Institute: Vermont's independent, nonpartisan, free-market-oriented public policy think tank.
- Evergreen Freedom Foundation: A policy institute advancing individual liberty, free enterprise and responsible government in Washington State and nationwide.
- Foundation Francisco Marroquin: Foundation Francisco Marroquin's purpose is to promote education in the principles of Liberty and Free Market Economics in Latin America.
- Foundation for Economic Education (FEE): Offers online education, a bookstore, and links to its seminars.
- Fraser Institute: A Canadian institute redirecting public attention to the role markets can play in providing for the economic and social well-being of Canadians. The home site for the Personal Tax Freedom Day calculator.
- Free Market Foundation: South African research and education organisation promoting the principles of limited government, economic freedom and individual liberty.
- Free Nation Foundation - Critical Institutions: Information about the libertarian think tank aiming to lease a peace of land to create a libertarian nation.
- FreeTheWorld.com: A network committed to bringing economic freedom and growth to all the countries of the world. The purpose of the Economic Freedom Network Index is to bring the often forgotten topic of economic freedom into mainstream public debate.
- Freedom Institute: An Irish liberal policy institute. Through its research, FI aims to promote freedom, enterprise, security and a smaller government.
- Future of Freedom Foundation: Advances its ideas through educational programs available online.
- Hayek Center for Interdisciplinary Research: Research on F.A. Hayek.
- Heartland Institute: Database of published research, primarily against environmentalist regulation.
- Hispanic American Center for Economic Research: Promotes the study about the countries of Hispanic America and Hispanic Americans living in the United States, as they relate to the values of personal and economic liberty.
- Independence Institute: Free-market think tank investigating private and community-based solutions to issues in Colorado and the United States. News, event information, policy center profiles, publications, and searchable archive of papers.
- Independent Institute: A nonprofit, scholarly research and educational organization which sponsors comprehensive studies on political economy.
- Institute for Contemporary Studies: Committed to promoting self-government. Projects include facilitating conflict prevention discussion, producing op-ed's, and publication. Located in Oakland, CA.
- Institute for Humane Studies: Assists students by offering scholarships, grants, internships, and free summer seminars.
- Institute for Liberal Values: A New Zealand think tank promoting the values of classical liberalism.
- Institute for Private Enterprise: An Australian institute promoting the cause of private enterprise and arguing for a reduction in the role of government.
- Institute of Economic Affairs: Provides access to the IEA journal and its other publications.
- Institute of Public Affairs: Australian research in business economics and privatization.
- John Locke Foundation: An independent, nonprofit think tank that would work "for truth, for freedom, and for the future of North Carolina." Posts op-eds on current events.
- Liberal Institute: A classical liberal and Objectivist think tank.
- Liberty Institute: A Delhi, India based policy institute promoting awareness and appreciation of a free society.
- Lithuanian Free Market Institute: Lithuanian policy institute promoting the ideas of classical liberalism based on the principles of individual freedom and responsibility, free market, and limited government.
- Locke Institute: Advocates the Lockean view of government deriving sovereignty through the people.
- Ludwig von Mises Institute Europe: Aims to foster respect for individual liberty and for the free market economy in Europe.
- Mackinac Center for Public Policy: Provides reports, commentaries and educational programs. Located in Michigan.
- Mannkal Economic Education Foundation: An Australian Institute promoting libertarianism.
- Minaret of Freedom Institute: A Muslim libertarian think tank. Advocates free markets and civil liberties for the world of Islam.
- Open Republic Institute: An Irish think tank which provides policy analysis oriented towards individual rights and open markets.
- Pioneer Institute: A Boston-based public policy research institute advocating individual freedom and responsibility, limited and accountable government, and expanded application of free-market principles.
- Reason Foundation: A research and educational organization that explores and promotes the twin values of rationality and freedom as a basic underpinning of a good society, based in Los Angeles.
- Reason Public Policy Institute (RPPI): A public policy think tank promoting choice, competition, and a dynamic market economy as the foundation for human dignity and progress.
- St. Lawrence Institute: A Canadian policy institute devoted to the advancement and dissemination of knowledge and information. Its philosophical outlook is based on respect for individual liberty, the value of ideas, the rule of law and free enterprise.