Search Home : Society : Relationships : Alternative Lifestyles : Polygamy
- A Brief History of Polygamy in Southern Africa: Attempts to estimate how common polygamy was in southern African rural society in the 1800's.
- Anti-Polygamy.org: Refuting arguments commonly used against polygamy. Showing the unjustness of stereotyping polygamists as being in cults, abusive, and other.
- Arctic Dawn Polygamy: Samuel Hearne on polygamy in the Arctic, and the customs of the native people.
- Cultural Practices in Conflict with Canadian Law: Recognizing existing polygamous marriages of immigrants and providing spouses with the benefits and entitlements normally available to spouses defined by Canadian law is an outstanding issue.
- Kinship and Social Organization: Features articles and outlines of marriage customs among different societies, which also include information about polygyny.
- Legalize Polygamy: Short article on how polygamy would benefit us, in a secular view point. How polygamy would evolve us to higher levels.
- Monogamy as a Prisoners' Dilemma: Non-monogamy as a collective action problem. The benefits and disadvantages of different forms of marriage.
- Montesquieu: The Spirit of Laws: Article explaining that the law of polygamy is an affair that depends on calculation.
- On the Economics of Polygyny: Unpublished paper from Ted Bergstrom exploring the prevalence and viability of polygamy in various societies. [Requires Adobe Acrobat Reader]
- Polygamy: Types of Polygamy, Polygamy Worldwide, Patterns of Occurrence, Polygamy and Religion, Legal Situation, and The Case of Mormonism.
- Polygamy at Beliefnet: Articles and opinions on polygamy. Registered users can share their personal thoughts about the issue.
- Polygamy.com: Includes information, personals, arguments as to why polygamy might be beneficial to women, and articles.
- Polygamy: Another Lovestyle: Intellectual article by Deborah Anapol about polygamy and monogamy.
- Polygyny Is Already A Practice: Article about polygamy in Africa, before and after the arrival of the colonizers and Christianity.
- Pro-Polygamy.com: Provides the media and others with op-eds, press releases and articles from the pro-polygamy view. Gives email-alerts and offers access to a polygamy advocate to interview.
- Query On Reasons For Polygamy: A student's query regarding the differing interpretations for the cultural reasons for polygyny.
- Question of Polygamy: Article tackling the important question of polygamy.
- The Economics of Love and Marriage: Professor David Friedman's essay exploring economic issues affecting polygamy.
- Urantia Book: Plural Marriages: The evolution of marriage and plural marriages.
This category in other languages: