Search Home : Sports : Disabled
- Athletes Helping Athletes: Provide handcycles, wheelchairs, prosthetics and other adaptive sports equipment to children with disabilities. Includes event list, grant application, letters from recipients, and donation information.
- Challenged Athletes Foundation: Charity providing grants to athletes with a physical disability. History, news, grantees, newsletter and how to apply for funds.
- Directory of Sports Organizations for Athletes with Disabilities: Listing from the American Academy of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation.
- Disability Sports: Overview of sports organizations and offerings, classification systems, major competitions and summaries of recent research papers on disability sport topics; from the Department of Kinesiology at Michigan State University.
- Disabled Shooting: Paralympic sport since the first Paralympic games in 1964. Introduction.
- Disabled Sportsperson Information: Information about hunting and fishing for the disabled. Includes Canadian and US rules, equipment, organizations and personal story.
- Dwarf Athletic Association of America: Forms, news, events, contacts and association information from this organization that promotes sports for individuals who are dwarfs as a result of chondrodysplasia or related causes.
- Florida Disabled Outdoors Association: Information for the disabled sportsman on hunting, fishing, boating, and a range of other adapted recreational activities.
- International Badminton Association for the Disabled: Promoting and developing badminton for people with disabilities. Contains contacts for anyone wanting to get involved as well as tournament fixtures and results for those following disabled badminton.
- Kostas Z Foundation: An organization promoting the full participation of the disabled and the issue of accessibility. Information and links to other such organizations.
- National Disability Sports Alliance (NDSA): National coordinating body for competitive sports for individuals with cerebral palsy, traumatic brain injuries and survivors of stroke.
- SPLORE: Outdoor adaptive sports and activities. Provides information about the programs and contacts. Based in Utah.
- Skating Association for the Blind and Handicapped: Events, volunteering information and contacts for this not-for-profit company that provides ice skating education for individuals with disabilities in Western New York.
- Talbronstein.de: News articles, photos, and links for the active person with a disability.
- Team Minnesota - Transplant Athletes: Team member profiles and competitive results for this US organization.
- The DRM WebWatcher: Sports and Recreation (General): Online resources about sports and recreation for people with disabilities.
- The International Paralympic Committee: Governing body of sports for athletes with a disability. Features news, events, FAQ, contacts and information on fund raising efforts.
- University of Alabama Disability Sports: Disability Sports program that includes wheechair basketball, and sport camps and clinics for persons with disabilities.
- Where Can I Do?: Advice and information on sport, health and fitness for people with disabilities. Includes details of accessible activities, facilities and equipment , membership newsletters and forums. UK.
- World T.E.A.M. (The Exceptional Athlete Matters) Sports: News, challenges, and contact information from this international organization that develops opportunities in sports for all persons, especially persons with disabilities.
This category in other languages: