Search Home : Sports : Orienteering
- Compass Sport: Britain's national orienteering magazine. Full event coverage with worldwide circulation.
- Finding North by the Moon: Shows 2 methods.
- How To Use a Compass: An illustrated compass tutorial. It teaches how to use a compass in several lessons. From an easy introduction to how to find the way in dense fog or if you haven't got a compass. Also contains suggested exercises.
- Hungarian Orienteering: Includes general facts about Hungary, council members of the Hungarian Orienteering Federation, list of local Federations and clubs, links to Hungarian orienteers, results, profiles of the Hungarian National Team, 2000 and 2001 Hungarian Cup results, clickable local maps, Hall of Fame, and related links.
- Jamie Stevenson's Personal Page: Features news, training schedule, photos, and calendar for this British sprint world champion.
- Magnetic Compass from "How Stuff Works": Illustrated tutorial explains magnetic compass operation and shows how to make your own compass.
- Map Reading and Land Navigation: Online manual on map reading and land navigation based on US Army training materials which includes instructions on maps, compasses and other navigational aids.
- Navigation With Map and Compass: Links to resources that deal with navigation.
- Northwest Adventures: Produces multi-discipline, muscle powered adventure races in the Pacific Northwest.
- Orienteering: Information on the sport and the skills needed to play it. Includes diagrams and pictures.
- Orienteering Online: Offers news, articles, and interviews.
- Orienteering Unlimited: Provides information about the sport of orienteering. In addition, it describes the program and map making services offered by Orienteering Unlimited.
- Orienteering and Rogaining Home Page: The oldest of the large orienteering pages on the net. This page has been around for more than six years.
- Orienteering for the Young: A booklet about orienteering by James Baker. It explains in several pages how a course for beginners are made.
- Orienteering in Ireland: Clubs, fixtures, results, news, magazine, forum and links are provided, as well as an explanation of the sport and details of the Irish Orienteering Association.
- Scientific Journal of Orienteering: Abstracts of articles included in the journal and subscription information. Also describes how to contribute to the periodical.
- Slovakian Orienteering Homepage: Information about Slovak Orienteering in English by Juraj Petrinec. Terrain descriptions, news, archives, contacts, and links.
- The Western Orienteering and Land Navigation Adventure Company: Field trips with instruction in map, compass, and Global Positioning Systems. Teaches bearings, triangulate, plot co-ordinate grids, compensate for declination and read topographic maps.
- Treasure Hunt Adventures: Offers orienteering training events throughout the US. Specializes in school programs, teacher training seminars and corporate team building. Contact information and explanation of services.
- What is Orienteering?: Description of the sport, as well as map legends, contol symbols and how to teach the game.
- Wilderness Survival: Field-Expedient Direction Finding: Describes how to use the sun and shadows for determining direction with illustrations. Also includes information on how to use the stars for finding direction and making an improvised compass.
- World of O: An extensive index of orienteering sites maintained by Norwegian orienteer Jan Kocbach.
This category in other languages: