Search Home : Sports : Walking
- About Walking: Guide to walking for fitness, recreation, and competitive racewalking. Provides articles, a link library, chat, bulletin board, and newsletter.
- ActiveKarma: Walking, Jogging, and Running: Comprehensive information and articles, profiles, nutrition, experts' answers, facilities and coaches, teams and clubs, forum, and chat.
- Adventure Walking and Travel Tips: Guinness Book of Records record holder Arthur Blessitt give tips about walking and travel.
- Danata's Walking Club Ideas: Personal website with tips on exercise, gear, general fitness pointers and stress relief.
- Everybody's Walking - Index: Members only forum for walkers and ramblers.
- First Verified Walk Around the World: Documents the Kunst brothers' global walk. Photos, anecdotes and memorabilia.
- Health Walkers Inc.: Offers online statistical tracking of fitness activities and goal progress for clubs and individuals. Also provides events to help set and achieve personal goals.
- International Volkssport Federation: Official Volkssport site. Description of its purpose, lists walking clubs and their contact information, events worldwide and membership information.
- JustWalk.com: Membership site providing information and resources for tracking fitness progress and other goals.
- Let's Strollercise: Strollercising is a way for moms and dads to get into shape. Information, tips, medical corner, food, users' questions.
- Marathon Walking: Information and tips on walking marathons. Includes training schedules, marathon calendar, and testimonials.
- Metro Toronto Fitness Club Powerwalking: Training tips and event listing for competitive fitness walkers. Also club information and links.
- My Walks: Online training log for members.
- Outdoor Pursuits - Walking For Health Benefits: Basic information on the benefits of walking for health, state of mind and longevity. Features suggestions for walking in Great Britain.
- Plantar Fasciitis is a Common Cause of Heel Pain: Plantar fasciitis is caused by inflammation of the plantar fascia, a thin layer of tough tissue supporting the arch of the foot. An article from Medical College Phycisians of Wisconsin.
- Program Fitness: Offers personalised online training program and free newsletter.
- Smart Walks: 12 Week Fitness Programs: Walking program with goals to improve mental and physical fitness and health. Program description and contact information.
- Steven Newman, the Worldwalker: The official site with biography, resources, forums, and contacts.
- The Over the Hill Gang: Volkssport club focused on walking in historic areas of Washington and Oregon.
- The Spirit of Walking: Directs viewers to events sponsored by the American Volkssport Association. Links include a tutorial, FAQ, definitions, walking clubs, youth programs, articles and membership information.
- The Walk Zone: Contains a collection of walks from various locations in the United Kingdom, plus some from travels to mountainous regions overseas. Includes description, photos and some maps.
- The Walking Site - A Resource for Walkers: How to start and maintain a fitness walking program, and where to find walking information. FAQ, clubs, links. Tips for beginners, racewalking, events, marathons, and walking gear.
- Walk 4 Life: Yahoo! walking group. Includes forum, photographs, journals, tips and links.
- Walk About Magazine: Magazine covering various styles and purposes for walking, fitness, training, weight loss, nutrition. Highlights from current and past issues.
- Walkablock Club of America: A national walking club on the Internet. Allows the user to find a walking partner in their city.
- Walker's Warehouse Fitness: Designed to provide the ability to log walks, chat with walkers, research walking events and travel, and purchase walking products.
- Walking - The Alexander Technique: Ways in which this century-old method can help improve the quality of walking.
- Walking - the Best Exercise: Expounds the virtues of walking, listing the benefits and linking to sites that go deeper into the various benefits.
- Walking 101: A `resource` for walkers of all shapes, sizes and styles. Articles on the benefits of walking, walking tips for seniors and kids, links to injury prevention, books on walking, walking music, and race walking.
- Walking Channel.Com: Defines power walking, how to train, walking stories, marathon training, links to other walking topics, magazines and events.
- Walking Connection: Leads multi-active adventures to some of the most exciting destinations in the world.
- Walking France: Offers walking tours in France. Tours, Paris passes and hotels, links, profile, and contacts.
- Walking Healthy.com: Information on walking for the non-competitive athlete, includes tips on technique, shoe selection, warming up and cooling down.
- Walking Holidays in England and Spain: Offers walking holidays in Calderdale, England, and Spanish hiking holidays. Areas covered, reservations, contacts, and links.
- Walking Vacations: A guide to European walking vacations, including tour dates, prices and detailed itineraries.
- Walking and Fitness: The PCWalker's page is a source for walking information.
- Walking at Active.com: Walking races, events, and training for race walking and walking for fitness. Walkers can search and register online for events nationwide, as well as browse training tips and workouts.
- Walking at the iVillage Diet and Fitness channel.: Walking information with diet and nutrition tips and health related articles.
- Walking on Skopelos: Guided walking tours of Skopelos, a Greek island in the Northern Sporades are organised and run by Heather. She also produces an island map and the Sotos Walking Guide.
- Walking with The Wayfarers: Offering a range of walks in the USA, Europe, Australia, and New Zealand. Newsletter, yearly schedule and catalogue.
- Walking with Weights: Guide to learning how to use weights in conjunction with walking. Exercises for various muscle groups and lessons for the beginner.
- Walkz.com: Walking information and guided UK walks. Easy rambles to mountain expeditions. Adventurous activities abseils caving climbing. Outdoor training courses.
- Warawick University Mountain Walking Club: Descriptions of a variety of walks in Wales, the Lake District (Britain), and Scotland. Includes photos and maps. You can sign up for walks and review previous trips.
- Western New York Hiking and Walking: Descriptions and photos of about 30 hiking and walking spots in Western New York. Most are in Erie County.
- Wicklow Way Trail: 132km self-guided walking trail in Ireland. Website includes section by section trail descriptions, maps and accommodation listings.
- WoW Company - Walk on Water: Physical fitness creates an `anything is possible' attitude toward life and work that is the foundation for excellence. The site offers walking programs for individuals and groups
- Wurzel Country: A site about Nigel Vile's walking and cycling books.
- eGroups: Walklist: Dedicated to walking for fitness, sport, and fun. Walking clubs and events are featured. The members share their experience of walking.
- eMedicine Health - Walking for Fitness: Consumer health `resource` center providing information on the health benefits of walking. Tips on walking routines, exercises, shoes and other equipment.
- walking around the world for actionaid: An around-the-world walk for the charity Actionaid. Personal journal, photographs, information on this long distance walk.
This category in other languages: